Fake Omega Speedmaster

Thankfully it is gone and Ebay did react.. As far as AJ goes............. Even I as a novice I could see that one a mile away.

This is one of the reasons why counterfeits are so bad...someone will try and sell it as legitimate and some poor bastard will get screwed.
Exactly, and its not even as if he's trying to break even on a mistake he made, the cost was $60, this was about trying to turn a grand off someone that was desperate and didn't know any better.

The auction has been pulled by e-bay....that doesn't mean that he won't try and sell it through some other avenue.
I'm guessing Craigslist or something

I'm guessing Craigslist or something

Craig's List won't do shit about it. They have more pressing issues like catching murderers who use their site.

On a side note, I see some new avatars have been issued. Digging the Agent Smith one. :thumbsup: Not so much Rob's Donut. :thumbsdown:

Yea I did see this one.. Actually I knida like it. Agent Smith kind of a enigma.

Craig's List won't do shit about it. They have more pressing issues like catching murderers who use their site.

On a side note, I see some new avatars have been issued. Digging the Agent Smith one. :thumbsup: Not so much Rob's Donut. :thumbsdown:
Well... I did have a plan B for that...

IMG_5932.JPG

Man, that's even worse. :( Didn't he used to have a picture of his moonwatch? He usually uses the Toronto Raptors mascot on other forums.

Man, that's even worse. :( Didn't he used to have a picture of his moonwatch? He usually uses the Toronto Raptors mascot on other forums.
Nope, was no avatar previously, I'll see if I can pinch one from his WRUW threads lol

Off Topic...

TWO_0140.jpg
Dunno about that, looks as close to a real raptor as this looks to a real speedmaster ::popcorn::

Ha, Damn you guys are quick to jump to conclusions. I wasn't trying to defraud anyone. By the time I got my answers from you guys, I was at home with no computer and didn't check on my iPhone. I had also already gotten a reply on WatchUSeek forums. I kinda got the same bashing there, but not nearly as bad. Here's my explanation (I'm just copying it from the WatchUSeek forum):

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the responses. I actually listed it on eBay around noon, with a scheduled start time of 6:00 pm PST. After I listed it, I started to question just what it was cause I couldn't find any others like it after doing a Google image search to try and nail down the exact model. That's when I decided to post my question. When I got home, all I had was my iPhone with my eBay app on it and it was due to start in a couple minutes. I quickly went in and changed the start date so I could delete the posting when I got near my computer. Apparently, I hadn't gotten to it quickly enough, cause it got posted anyway. Oh well, it's down now.

Ok that's fair enough, if you did the right thing in taking it down after you knew that's all fine by me and I'm sorry to have hassled you.

eBay took it down, not the seller.

If the seller had ended it it would still show up under the original item number.

eBay took it down, not the seller.

If the seller had ended it it would still show up under the original item number.
Yeah, it had been removed by the time I had gotten to my computer.

At least nobody got hurt, I'd just give the watch to your kids to play with.

How did an (obvious) fake watch that cost you $60 end up with a $1400 starting price on Ebay?

How did an (obvious) fake watch that cost you $60 end up with a $1400 starting price on Ebay?

Greed would be my guess.

Ha, Damn you guys are quick to jump to conclusions. I wasn't trying to defraud anyone. By the time I got my answers from you guys, I was at home with no computer and didn't check on my iPhone. I had also already gotten a reply on WatchUSeek forums. I kinda got the same bashing there, but not nearly as bad. Here's my explanation (I'm just copying it from the WatchUSeek forum):

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the responses. I actually listed it on eBay around noon, with a scheduled start time of 6:00 pm PST. After I listed it, I started to question just what it was cause I couldn't find any others like it after doing a Google image search to try and nail down the exact model. That's when I decided to post my question. When I got home, all I had was my iPhone with my eBay app on it and it was due to start in a couple minutes. I quickly went in and changed the start date so I could delete the posting when I got near my computer. Apparently, I hadn't gotten to it quickly enough, cause it got posted anyway. Oh well, it's down now.
It seems you were (at the very least) already suspicious of the watch you paid $60 for, and had it posted at $1400 anyhow. "MISSONS" would be a dead giveaway that it's probably not legit, even to someone who knows nothing about Omega. It's a $15 Chinese fake.

I call bullshit.
Omega-Speedmaster-Professional---NO-RESERVE!---eBay.jpg

I call bullshit.

Shenanigans! Man, don't they have South Park on the bottom half of the planet?