Exciting news ! I was just interviewed by Chelsea Clock Company ....

Okay, now the company has earned some legitimacy. You and I have never interacted but everyone knows you're the Chelsea guy! And yes, you've gotten me to Google Chelsea clocks in the past. (Still trying to decide between a Hamilton 21, 22 and a Chelsea.)

Congrats, well deserved.

Edit: is that a Pioneer turntable?

Okay, now the company has earned some legitimacy. You and I have never interacted but everyone knows you're the Chelsea guy! And yes, you've gotten me to Google Chelsea clocks in the past. (Still trying to decide between a Hamilton 21, 22 and a Chelsea.)

Congrats, well deserved.

Edit: is that a Pioneer turntable?
Yes PL-L1000.

Good read ! And love that picture of your office ;-)

Chelsea clock is a nice discovery for me and I find those attractive even though a little bit more intrusive on the house that watches ;-)

But I’m with you ; I can see myself with one now 🤦.

So congrats for the article, your collection and thanks for sharing passion !

Amazing collection. Really like the USS Enterprise.
Thanks Seiji , I hope you can make a Sunday clubhouse vintage watch chat ….. you’re always invited .

Best
Bill

Yes PL-L1000.

I inherited my dad's that he bought in Vietnam at the PX. Just gave it to my daughter. Sansui amp/receiver.

Hope to get a Chelsea some day. Just need to invest the time to read all your information and learn. Thanks for sharing.

I inherited my dad's that he bought in Vietnam at the PX. Just gave it to my daughter. Sansui amp/receiver.

Hope to get a Chelsea some day. Just need to invest the time to read all your information and learn. Thanks for sharing.

I found the easiest route was to just buy one from Bill

Hey how does your PL-L1000 work ?

I think they are interesting but complicated turntables.

I found the easiest route was to just buy one from Bill

Yea, I always have stuff … to say the lest .
I am still amazed that Cheslea Clock Co is still in business ….

I do post Chelsea and other marine clocks for sale on the private “watch “ sales forum hahahahah….

good hunting

Bill

Hey how does your PL-L1000 work ?

I think they are interesting but complicated turntables.

Sorry to have misled you, mine's a plain old belt drive Pioneer (unfortunately, or fortunately.) Similar box and cover but that's it. Finger lever, on, lower, sit back.
20230721_073638.jpg

Congrats! Your office looks amazing! I also love the Enterprise model.

Dang, now I really need to plan my schedule around the things with springs chats at some point to learn more.

Very cool, especially the America’s Cup New York Yacht Sqaudron commemorative clock, I’ve got a tie and a few other piece from that club as a sailing enthusiast, they have an amazing history

And I thought I had it bad collecting clock you got me beat Bill. Great read.

Hello Everyone....

Chelsea just dropped a new Blog post .... They interviewed me as a Chelsea Clock Collector..... They will send email " drop" next month but the link is live now....

https://www.chelseaclock.com/blog/a...wns-more-than-100-rare-antique-chelsea-clocks

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 12.14.31 PM.png
I think every vintage watch collector should have just one Chelsea Marine clock....

Please let me know your thoughts.....

Good Hunting
Bill Sohne

Congratulations on the interview and well-deserved recognition. I must say that you have one of the coolest offices I've ever seen!