Eterna Matic

Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
That’s a stunner! Thise markers are fantastic!

Thanks very much! In addition to looking cool, those markers really sparkle in the light.
 
Posts
168
Likes
550
Thanks very much! In addition to looking cool, those markers really sparkle in the light.

Yes, due to the way the markers are shaped, they play with the light really nice!
 
Posts
9,251
Likes
77,037
It’s raining here and an Instagram post (I’ve got time on my hands ) showed a pretty Eterna movement, so I checked mine out.




Edited:
 
Posts
2,270
Likes
15,727
Early solid gold 37mm Kontiki
Amazing, never seen there kontikis in solid gold before.

What year is that?
 
Posts
3,095
Likes
3,605
Amazing, never seen there kontikis in solid gold before.

What year is that?
They're out there. Not many though.
433xxxxxxxx So probably like 1960.


 
Posts
2,270
Likes
15,727
They're out there. Not many though.
433xxxxxxxx So probably like 1960.


Yeah like finding a unicorn in the wild, some people say they are out there but you will never actually see them 😉

What does the backside look like?
 
Posts
3,095
Likes
3,605
Yeah like finding a unicorn in the wild, some people say they are out there but you will never actually see them 😉

What does the backside look like?
Raft engraving, very faint Must have
Endured a polish or just wrist wear on the gold.
Has a sticker on it that I can’t replace right now so can’t remove it
 
Posts
3,095
Likes
3,605
Yeah like finding a unicorn in the wild, some people say they are out there but you will never actually see them 😉

What does the backside look like?

something to hunt for 📖
 
Posts
757
Likes
1,082
Hi all!
I have this little vintage eterna from I believe the early 50’ that doesn’t get any wrist time so I’m thinking of selling it. I cannot find any info on what reference it is though to « advertise » it accordingly.
Manual wound, radium lume…
Any ideas on where I should look for infos?
Thanks!

 
Posts
4,440
Likes
18,267
Hi all!
I have this little vintage eterna from I believe the early 50’ that doesn’t get any wrist time so I’m thinking of selling it. I cannot find any info on what reference it is though to « advertise » it accordingly.
Manual wound, radium lume…
Any ideas on where I should look for infos?
Thanks!

Hi!
Nice Eterna. I am sorry I can not help much with reference. The movement is a cal 520. From the serial number (appears to be in the 38xxxxx range) it dates to 1954.

GLWS!😉

Cheers!
 
Posts
2,056
Likes
25,237
If you write "black gilt dial with intact radium lume" + diameter it should find a new owner.
For me a really nice watch!
 
Posts
757
Likes
1,082
Thanks!
It’s actually a 3.68M, so more from 52
Surprisingly, the serial stamped on the outer caseback slightly differs from the one on the movement
 
Posts
1,885
Likes
3,816
It's a nice watch @Dsplash (although I'm not sure why it's on the "Matic" thread) - you'll have no trouble selling that.
Why are you surprised that the case serial and movement serial are slightly different?
 
Posts
813
Likes
2,784
I've been on somewhat of a winning streak with new arrivals, lately. My so-manieth Eterna, welcome to the family!


It is kind of chonky, compared to my 34mm Kontiki, but I feel it wears just right. Worn yet sharp, which is just how I like it, for I hate putting the first scratches on a mint watch. I am very pleased with this one.
Better pics to come.
 
Posts
3
Likes
9
The way this dial handles sunlight!

That's stunning! Love the case design and the markers, a lovely time only Eterna. Which caliber has got?
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
Surprisingly, the serial stamped on the outer caseback slightly differs from the one on the movement

They are not meant to match, but hopefully they are within a few years of each other.