Forums Latest Members

SOLD Enicar Sherpa Guide 600 - GMT And World-Time Complication

1. donkii Apr 28, 2020

A waterproof, super-compressor case with GMT and world-time complications?
    This is the Swiss Army knife of watches.

[​IMG]

Hodinkee made a little storytelling with this watch a couple of years back which I will quote.

"The Sherpa line from Enicar was introduced in November of 1956, after an Enicar was used in a summit of Mount Everest; henceforth, all of its explorer or tool watches bore the Sherpa moniker. With a Sherpa Date, a Sherpa Diver, a Sherpa GMT, and Sherpa World Timer all having at one point been in production, it seems logical that Enicar sought to combine all these functions into one impressive tool watch. Largely black, with the yellow portion of the GMT track meant to indicate day, white accents on the bezel and the dial, and the interesting addition of a rally-style GMT hand, this watch was clearly intended to be highly legible. This unusual Enicar is sure to set you apart."

[​IMG]

Maker: Enicar
    Model: Sherpa Guide 600 GMT
    Reference: 146-35-01
    Material: Stainless steel
    Dimensions: 43mm diameter; 14mm thickness
    Crystal: Acrylic
    Lume: Tritium
    Caliber: Enicar automatic caliber 166 with date and 24-hour function
    Bracelet/Strap: Signed Enicar stainless-steel Beads of Rice bracelet in full length
    Lug Width: 22mm
    Box/Papers: Original box and hangtag, don't think I'll need to explain how rare this is

Let's start of with the case, untouched and in original shape and turning the watch on the side the crowns is presented with the original Enicar saturn logos. Turning the watch on its back you'll see the Sherpa 600 markings and some Brevet markings, some parts are a little hard to read out and you can tell that the watch has been worn quite a lot. The world time bezel is super cool and still show some pretty nice colors, not faded like many of the others you'll see out there and the same for the 24h scale which is fluorecent and pops in a nice way together with the checked GMT hand and orange second hand. The watch runs strong and I haven't noticed any issues regarding timekeeping or power reserve. All functions works as supposed.

A fantastic watch all in all and it comes with it's original box and hangtag as well.
    I did however forget to take a photo of the box so I'll update the ad later on with that as well!

This is probably as nice as it gets these days.

Watch will be shipped world wide from Sweden and shipping is included in the price.
    A couple of hundred references is available from here and other national and international watch forums.

Price is $2750 shipped or best reasonable offer. Trades might be of interest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 29, 2020
    qboa, X350 XJR, Taybharr and 14 others like this.
  2. donkii Apr 29, 2020

Up!