Forums Latest Members
  1. GarethS Apr 4, 2019

Hello forum,

I recently purchased this pretty Enicar from a gentleman member in Italy.

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_9681.jpg

IMG_9682.jpg

The pictures with the BOR are from the prior seller's ad - the BOR was sold separately so I coupled with the tan suede strap which I think complements the honey patination of the dial rather nicely.

I've been trying to find out more info about it and in my research have discovered some great information on the company founded in 1914 by the wonderfully named Artiste Racine - who in a moment of genius decided to name his watches backwards R-A-C-I-N-E > E-N-I-C-A-R

There is plenty of information on the Sherpa range based on the Swiss expedition to conquer Everest that was equipped with Enicar chronometers. It seems that they were making their own movements for many years but my Comet appears to be fitted with an Adolf Schmidt 1580 auto movement for which I can find little info.

Can anyone point me to any good sources of information - in particular what is the likely year of manufacture.

I tried submitting an info request to the Enicar website but the online form does not seem to be working

Any information would be gratefully received!

Fliegerchrono and AveConscientia like this.
  2. Vitezi Apr 4, 2019

AveConscientia likes this.
  3. pweingarten Apr 4, 2019

4. Vitezi Apr 4, 2019

5. GarethS Apr 7, 2019

Thanks for the info - I'll look at purchasing the book.

Does anyone care to suggest when she was made?

6. 63TR4 Apr 11, 2019

Congrats on such a clean Enicar!

Going off the layout of the caseback, the curved "Ultrasonic" text, and logo with Enicar inside the Saturn logo it looks like a mid/ late-1950s example.

To second pweigarten, the springbar website has some great guides to Enicar that are very useful.