Elon does it again but......

His new phone seems to control every thing but it doesnt link to my Omega 🙁.
I think I can see one of these in my future.

Could well be an April fools day come early rumour but I hope it will be a real thing as my Microsoft phone is over due replacement

Could well be an April fools day come early rumour but I hope it will be a real thing as my Microsoft phone is over due replacement
How do you like msft phone. A friend of mine got the newest google phone I think it’s the 6th one. He was saying he really likes it and was showing me some features that looked pretty cool. I use apple as I’m used to it but I see a lot of quality products by Samsung and that google phone surprised me.
Elon did buy a small phone maker. I don’t think they had anything on the market so it’s not unreasonable to think he may go that route at some point he may be able to use starlink as it’s network and cut out Verizon and sprint etc. it will be interesting to see.

I love my Win 10 phone, it was a flagship in 2015 and still can outperform many current phones, the camera is awesome.
I have had Windows phones since they went to Win 8, had about 6 or 7 different ones before buying the dual sim 950XL.

Wife uses apple and I had one for a while as a work phone but I never really liked it.

Android worries me, lots of functionality but little in the way of upgradeability and in the past lots of hangups and glitches.

I had been hanging out for Microsoft to make a re-entry to the market with a full desktop functionality phone but that looks like it will not happen any time soon as Microsoft has always had a habit of introducing good product then dumping them mid stream, so Elon may be my saviour, thats of course if these unoffical rumours pan out.

Here is another link https://phonereview24.com/tesla-phone-pi-5g/

Well interesting I followed your link and it took me down a rabbit hole with much scuttle but about it just nothing official inside Tesla itself,yet. Apple recently hired some spacex engineers and others involved in satellite/space tech and the rumor there is apple will provide its own content via internet and is developing satellites to do just that but that was just people putting things together due to the hires I have heard nothing official. This Tesla thing will be interesting. I mean starlink is up I know it’s beta right now but they have the infrastructure.

Well interesting I followed your link and it took me down a rabbit hole with much scuttle but about it just nothing official inside Tesla itself,yet. Apple recently hired some spacex engineers and others involved in satellite/space tech and the rumor there is apple will provide its own content via internet and is developing satellites to do just that but that was just people putting things together due to the hires I have heard nothing official. This Tesla thing will be interesting. I mean starlink is up I know it’s beta right now but they have the infrastructure.

Its very interesting to look back in hindsight, sure Steve Jobs was a visionary and a hard task master, no one can say otherwise about him a one in a million sought of guy but Elon, what can I say the man defies definition and you really have to put him in or invent an entirely new category one in 7 Billion!
Normally great things are done by corporations or companies where you have a mass of people involved in development and even vision but it telling that 2 of the preeminent companies in the world today are so (or were) so driven from the top by ONE individual.

That video came across as hero worship and vaporware to me.

That video came across as hero worship and vaporware to me.
I think that’s an accurate assessment but I was curious and looked it up there are numerous reports from other sources about a possible Tesla phone. Nothing official but I’m guessing if you can assemble teams to build rockets to carry humans into space you can handle a phone. I’ve never made one myself of course.

When I lived in the mountains of Arizona we had a name for guys like Elon Musk - "all hat and no horse"

As the richest man in the world, he's done pretty well without a horse. 😉

Slight thread drift here, but it would be awesome to have a cell phone (with a conventional weight and form factor) that connects directly to satellites. I spend a lot of time in the mountains and have to carry a clunky satellite communicator for emergencies. It's not huge, but it's an extra piece of gear to carry and pay for monthly. Also, I can only send text messages and it's quite slow.

Slight thread drift here, but it would be awesome to have a cell phone (with a conventional weight and form factor) that connects directly to satellites. I spend a lot of time in the mountains and have to carry a clunky satellite communicator for emergencies. It's not huge, but it's an extra piece of gear to carry and pay for monthly. Also, I can only send text messages and it's quite slow.
However, Musk's low orbit Starlink series satellites are blocking the view for astronomers & astrophotographers 🙁

I don't own any Apple shares but if I did, I would be thinking of selling right about now.
Elon has mentioned some negative things about Apple in the past so he is really looking to teach them a lesson.
If the phone works anything like his cars then the big phone makers are really in trouble.

I don't own any Apple shares but if I did, I would be thinking of selling right about now.
Elon has mentioned some negative things about Apple in the past so he is really looking to teach them a lesson.
If the phone works anything like his cars then the big phone makers are really in trouble.
Elon approached apple about buying him out when Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy back in the day. We never heard apples side of the story but it could have been Elon wanted to maintain too much control as opposed to apples desires. Who knows. But yes he has made reference to “apple hiring all of SpaceX and Tesla’s failed engineers so he may have an ax to grind. But what if the Apple car works as well as it’s phones?

The video is silly, but the Star Link is appealing to me. Neuro chip … No thanks.

When I lived in the mountains of Arizona we had a name for guys like Elon Musk - "all hat and no horse"
His difficult personality not withstanding, the man has plenty of Hat and Horse.