Forums Latest Members

Electric Blue on strapcode super oyster?

1. panamavin Apr 6, 2015

I currently have my electric blue on a bond bracelet but I've been thinking about swapping it out. The bond is comfortable but coming from a PO or an AT bracelet which feels solid the bond feels cheap in comparison. Looking at a strapcode super oyster, the speedy bracelet, Omega OEM rubber or even a Hirsch heavy calf blue which is waterproof. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 6, 2015

Hi panamavin,

The first thing you should do is add some pics to your post.

The rest will fall into place. For a diver, rubber might be a good choice... it's just so hard to say without pics!

3. panamavin Apr 6, 2015

Yeah I forgot the golden rule pics or it didn't happen! [​IMG]

uploadfromtaptalk1428368177230.jpg
  4. OmegaRookie Apr 6, 2015

5. panamavin Apr 6, 2015

Great call on the alligator and the carbon - I forgot about those. The sailcloth I've heard great things about but not sure about it on this piece. And I just remembered I have a deployment clasp that would fit the alligator or the carbon. Thanks for the assist!

6. OmegaRookie Apr 6, 2015

You're welcome!

7. Hijak Apr 6, 2015

Always thought the Electric blue looked best on this bracelet!
    Wrist Shot, 8.JPG

8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 6, 2015

Now we're cookin' with peanut oil!

I'd go with the steel bracelet.. but then, I don't have a diver.

9. panamavin Apr 6, 2015

Yeah I was leaning towards the speedy bracelet and at the price of the Hirsch may swing both! It looks like a different watch with the speedy bracelet. Thanks for the pic!

10. Hijak Apr 6, 2015

I agree and your welcome.:)

11. ffej4 Survey Man Apr 6, 2015

I love the bond bracelet, but I am personally a fan of the looks of a PO or Speedy bracelet. Don't get me wrong, the Bond bracelet is fantastic and extremely unique, it's just a little too busy for me.

panamavin and Nobel Prize like this.
  12. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2015

Where are you deploying your clasp to - Afghanistan? I know of several military men who use deployant clasps for their watches while on deployment. Not sure if they've all been to Afghanistan though......

Nobel Prize likes this.
  13. panamavin Apr 6, 2015

In fact, never been to that sandbox but Iraq, Saudi, Kuwait and Bahrain been there done that and got the deployment clasp! [emoji3]

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 7, 2015

But I can't get the speedy bracelet to fit into my SMPc it drives me nuts. I simply can't get 100% behind the Bond bracelet. I did manage to fit the bracelet of either the PO LMLE or the AT (not sure right now because I'm insomniac and slowly getting some vodka to get me to sleep) problem is that I like those 2 watches on steel as well. but the speedy I mostly wear on NATO and leather so...

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2015

Might see if we can set a string find+replace to automatically change "deploy-ment clasp" to "deploy-ant clasp". That way overseas deployments stay the same, only clasps change.

16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 7, 2015

Well start the find and Search with "posts from Nobel Prize" because I have deployed all my deployment clasps I'm.affraid. I'm the Dick Cheney of clasps.

17. Paedipod Apr 7, 2015

Hey Sergio, not an expert at this (waiting for them to chime in and correct me too!) but the bracelet from the GMT should fit your SMPc (sorry about the old pic, it's all I have on this computer. Speedy style and perfect fit on the SMPc case. As far as I can tell the spring bar holes are closer to the case on the seamasters than on the speedys. IMG_2177.jpg

Nobel Prize likes this.
  18. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 7, 2015

19. panamavin Apr 7, 2015

I do like that strap. And while I mostly agree with the consensus that divers need to be on steel(or nato) and this particular diver needs to be on the speedy style something about leather appeals to me for this particular piece. It doesn't feel as much as a tool watch like some divers and seems like it's screaming to be put on leather for some reason.

20. panamavin Apr 9, 2015

I wound up getting the Hirsch Leonardo curved... For the moment. On the hunt for a pre loved speedy style bracelet. (1610/930). Will update with pics once it arrives!

OmegaRookie likes this.