eBay seller - Scammer or Imbecile?...

Posts
348
Likes
1,180



No reply as yet as to whether or not seller still actually has the watch. Will have to wait see...
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,081
Even if you think it's an honest mistake, I would report it to eBay to protect yourself.
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
The cost to ship a huge box back will be significant so it may come into play.
 
Posts
348
Likes
1,180
Even if you think it's an honest mistake, I would report it to eBay to protect yourself.

Yes, good advice. Unless Dude can IMMEDIATELY demonstrate that he still has the watch to ship (and he's so far not hopping right to the opportunity to answer the question) then it's Money-Back-Now.

-
 
Posts
348
Likes
1,180
The cost to ship a huge box back will be significant so it may come into play.

Yes, true.

I care nothing about the shoes, one way or the other. If seller wishes to send a pre-paid shipping label then he can have his dumb shoes back. First things first, though; I'm still waiting to know if he actually still has the watch.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
yeah don’t waste any more time on this dickhead, for for the refund straightaway.
The seller probably got the shipments mixed up, the problem is that the buyer of the shoes probably has your watch, and is unlikely to give it back, the seller has gone quiet because they are either waiting to hear back from the other buyer or have stuck their head in the sand in the hope you’ll go away.
Edited:
 
Posts
348
Likes
1,180
yeah don’t waste any more time on this dickhead, for for the refund straightaway.
The seller probably got the shipments mixed up, the problem is that the buyer of the shoes probably has your watch, and is unlikely to give it back, the seller has gone quiet because they are either waiting to hear back from the other buyer or have stuck their head in the sand in the hope you’ll go away.

I would bet money that this is exactly what has happened.

How come nobody ever sends me a Bvlgari when I order a pair of shoes online??...
 
Posts
348
Likes
1,180
brave of you to buy it off a guy with 1 feedback

looks like whoever bought the "tods men sneaker 8.5" is keeping the watch

see: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186396407871

Yes, agree that this is always a risk with a new seller (and he was Feedback = 0 when I bought the thing 2 weeks ago...). But then & now I'm relying on the eBay money-back process, so will see. Maybe shoe-guy has a kind & generous heart & wants to help out the low-IQ seller.
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
259
Likes
377
Hope you have an extra layer of protection by having used a credit card.
 
Posts
7,776
Likes
14,369
My first reaction would be scammer, but there are a lot of morons out there that can barely navigate life. The seller may be one.
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,225
Did the seller have a pair of shoes on auction ending at the same time? It’s really they only way they could have honestly mixed it up…
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
Did the seller have a pair of shoes on auction ending at the same time? It’s really they only way they could have honestly mixed it up…
Did the seller have a pair of shoes on auction ending at the same time? It’s really they only way they could have honestly mixed it up…
Yes, see @Meme-Dweller post above. Don't know about auction ending time though.
 
Posts
348
Likes
1,180
My first reaction would be scammer, but there are a lot of morons out there that can barely navigate life. The seller may be one.

Could be, but if so it's a pretty ill-conceived scam... Seller is out a pair of shoes plus the cost of shipping, & I (in theory) have my money refunded by eBay.

But really, innocent explanation or otherwise, the situation & ultimate outcome are the same for me either way; I paid for a watch that the seller can't send, & I now need to recover my money. And it's a shame for all involved (expect possibly shoe-guy...).
 
Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
Confession time; after over 23yrs of selling on various platforms I did this same this just a couple weeks ago. 🤦

I had a $50 Uncle Seiko listed here on OF and a 1039 auction on eBay. Yup, I sent the OFer a $50 1039 and realized it when I went to ship the eBay item. Had to cancel that sale with an explanation and then go hat in hand to the fellow member and explain what I had done and arrange an exchange.

I of course got the expected response of “who’s this? New phone bro…” (lol) and then of course it was returned and replaced.

So, I feel the panic of the seller you are dealing with. It’s not fun. But at the same time, you should file a claim and deal with it through the proper channels. No guarantee the watch comes back to the seller.
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,081
Confession time; after over 23yrs of selling on various platforms I did this same this just a couple weeks ago. 🤦

I had a $50 Uncle Seiko listed here on OF and a 1039 auction on eBay. Yup, I sent the OFer a $50 1039 and realized it when I went to ship the eBay item. Had to cancel that sale with an explanation and then go hat in hand to the fellow member and explain what I had done and arrange an exchange.

I of course got the expected response of “who’s this? New phone bro…” (lol) and then of course it was returned and replaced.

So, I feel the panic of the seller you are dealing with. It’s not fun. But at the same time, you should file a claim and deal with it through the proper channels. No guarantee the watch comes back to the seller.
Good thing it wasn't the other way around.
 
Posts
348
Likes
1,180
Confession time; after over 23yrs of selling on various platforms I did this same this just a couple weeks ago. 🤦

I had a $50 Uncle Seiko listed here on OF and a 1039 auction on eBay. Yup, I sent the OFer a $50 1039 and realized it when I went to ship the eBay item. Had to cancel that sale with an explanation and then go hat in hand to the fellow member and explain what I had done and arrange an exchange.

I of course got the expected response of “who’s this? New phone bro…” (lol) and then of course it was returned and replaced.

So, I feel the panic of the seller you are dealing with. It’s not fun. But at the same time, you should file a claim and deal with it through the proper channels. No guarantee the watch comes back to the seller.

Yes, eBay return is in process from my end. eBay gives the seller one week to resolve the issue, & if that fails (which seems a highly likely outcome) then eBay, supposedly, provides me the refund.

Seller screws himself over but good, & I miss out on the watch I had been chasing. :-(


(Al Pacino's watch from Heat)


-