Ebay removed all of my radium dialed watches???

I was issued a warning for listing watches that had radium on the dials earlier today. I listed a ww1 trench watch and one other elgin both of which had radium on the dials. This has never happened before? What's new with ebay? All were behind crystals and posed no threat? Was it because I had radium in the listing title? This is baffling.

I have some pretty valuable watches that I want to sell but have radium lume. In the email it says if I list another I will be banned for 3 days lol....

I see other radium dialed watches on ebay?

Sounds like some holier than thou, self righteous, pain in the arse 12yo at ebay has got their knickers in a twist and panicked about things they know nothing about!.....So business as usual then.
Try reposting with the naughty word deleted.
Edited:

Like 2
Such would preclude most watches made before the 1960s.

I still get a laugh for getting censored when I asked a seller if they had a balance cock.

If eBay shoot themselves in the Vintage foot, then someone else will show up and fill the void. I do not think they are going to kill 30 to 40 percent of available stock.

Probably best to keep the word out of listing, This is what you get with AI for a moderator.

Like 1
Does anyone know what would happen to my account if I get restricted/banned for 3 days? I will use original lume instead next time, just wanted to be honest in my listings so I don't get an angry return request.

This is what the email says ,"Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be removed. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period. All fees paid or payable for listings that are removed and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account. This determination was made by a customer service agent."

Radium dials being shipped internationally may be a no no depending on location. Easier for eBay to say no to all.

Apparently the word TRITIUM is also restricted as one of the listings removed contained TRITIUM. And my account is now being watched and monitored. This is great!

What happened is some neo-Nazi idiot in France of all places was in the process of building multiple dirty bombs specially out of radioactive samples he had acquired from eBay. He had a lot, four bombs built, three confirmed to be fully functional and loaded with radioactive material accumulated from the auction platform.

It’s not the first time, from memory there have been 3 in recent years including another Nazi in the US about 10 years ago who was building dirty pipe bombs before he got shot by his Mrs who called in the feds.

But yea the latest crackdown on all things radioactive began with the materials that French dude was buying a couple of years ago and has expanded from there.

The money from selling the stuff is probably not enough to justify being associated with le nuclear de terrorisme.

Like 7
Unfortunately we now live in an "in an abundance of caution" mentality, anything that might be dangerous or harmful, no matter how small, is treated as unacceptable. California leads the pack in this sort of nonsense in the US, but it's everywhere now. Part of the reason is our enthusiasm to sue for every little adverse thing in life.
Edited:

I started a chat with an ebay rep and this is what I was told, and eventually all radium and tritium watches will be subject to removal. Ebay is going downhill for me fast

"Thank you for staying connected. I see here there are two total items that were removed and are subjected to be Radium Dial Watches. due to their origin and nature, many studies that item like this does cause harm to others hence was regarded as hazardous. As such, an item that produces ionizing radiation, or whose radiation is potentially harmful to living creatures."
Edited:

I believe this is a conspiracy by Rolex to have all of their vintage watches confiscated and destroyed so everyone has to buy new Rolexes….isn’t this how rumors are started? :whistling:

Like 4
Reminds me of the 'Radioactive Boy scout.' Used Colman Lantern mantels to build a reactor. Ironically that tech was the last gasp of the gaslight era to compete with electric light which at the time was still dimmer. Not sure what the modern lanters use. I seem to recall that the sale of gas lantern mantles was restricted after that incident. The kid was buying them by the case load.

high strength alcohol is no longer sold in stores. Even everclear. I did buy some 99% ipro from amazon last week.

I know a piano tech who moved here from Canada decades ago. The customs was taking blowtorches to the 'Ivory' keys. Most piano ivery is cow bone. It gets pretty stupid. Now I know why they cut the heads off statues in the old cathedrals. Heard mentality.

Does put a new twist on redialing watches. I am not sure how such restrictions can be policed. Who is going to check job lots of watches? What about parts for such watches?

While I was posting the Rolex explanation came in. Yeah it is a conspiracy to prevent people from learning how to do things for themselves. Hot watches indeed.

Like 2
If I post watches in the future, which I will, and I use the words "original lume" who at ebay would be able to prove the lume is hazardous? They can't right?

The rep said I can continue to post watches as long as no radium or tritium are used. But I fear I will have a buyer who knows nothing about watches and reports I sold them a radium watch.

If I post watches in the future, which I will, and I use the words "original lume" who at ebay would be able to prove the lume is hazardous? They can't right?

What many sellers do on this side of the planet is take good photos and say that the images form the item description, no other comments needed, sounds like a wise policy to me!
Added bonus is that it cuts out the BS AI descriptions that those who are linguistically and imagination challenged used.

Whats another good marketplace to sell my higher end radium watches?

Like 1
I started a chat with an ebay rep and this is what I was told, and eventually all radium and tritium watches will be subject to removal.
I highly doubt this will ever happen. eBay has no clue which watch listings have radium, tritium or promethium dials. Unless you state it in your listing!

I simply don’t see eBay turning down commissions on high value vintage watches unless there are specific complaints.

This is the “golden rule” in action.
gatorcpa

Like 2
Whats another good marketplace to sell my higher end radium watches?
Omegaforums in 31 more posts!

Like 7