Dust/Dirt Under Domed Crystal

Hey, guys!

I own the NTTD Omega Seamaster 300M & I noticed under certain angles of examining my watch it looks as if there’s black dirt or dust inside/beneath the crystal from the 12-10 indices. I’ve only had the watch since December.

The picture is below. What do you think? Could it just be a distortion from the crystal?

Hey, guys!

I own the NTTD Omega Seamaster 300M & I noticed under certain angles of examining my watch it looks as if there’s black dirt or dust inside/beneath the crystal from the 12-10 indices. I’ve only had the watch since December.

The picture is below. What do you think? Could it just be a distortion from the crystal?
Looks like some tiny lint specs- it happens. How old is the watch? If it bothers you, you could take it back to the AD and if they have a watchmaker on site (or their watch handy tech) they could open it up and blow it out…which could add more dust depending on how clean there air handler and bench are.

I can't see anything to be honest. Maybe you can circle the spots where you think there's dirt/dust?
Having said that, it's not impossible for contaminants to be present in a new watch. A few months after I bought my Seamaster Pro midsize in 2005, I noticed what looked like a metal shaving under the crystal at the 6 o'clock position. I took it to the Omega service centre and they fixed it for me while I waited. All done in about 30 mins.

Well that’s between the 12 to 2 indices…..

Well that’s between the 12 to 2 indices…..
Ok, do you have anything to contribute to my question or are you just responding to be condescending to my small mistake?

Ok, do you have anything to contribute to my question or are you just responding to be condescending to my small mistake?
Hey-hey, no need for that. I too was looking at 10-2 and thought you were talking about these little specs.
0F3B9FB8-8B86-4CE2-93DB-FAABF9F04466.png A2960BAB-B20E-4D65-9377-9EC418A6CC1F.png

Didn’t even look at the others between 12-2

I was going by the numbers on the dial & not the actual face of the watch. Sorry for the confusion. Do you see it now though? It’s like a blackish line. Hard to describe.

Yea that’s a top attitude to take with people you are expecting help from. 👍

Small mistake? You pointed would-be helpers to completely the wrong place on the dial.

Here's a better pic.

Spots.jpeg

The watch is only six months old (as far as you're concerned) so you should be able to get the seller to check it and rectify if needed.

If it was just one lone spec I'd probably live with it but that looks like a bunch of specs. How visible are they with the naked eye at normal viewing distance?

I have to ask this question, mainly because there are so many specs and the pictures are not clear:

How certain are you that these are not on the top of the crystal?

some of those look like mineral deposits from hard water — I get these all the time on my watch from washing my hands. If you don’t wipe the crystal immediately, the water will evaporate leaving behind a small ring of mineral deposits. A wipe with a micro fiber cloth will not get rid of these. You need to wash the crystal with soap and water, then wipe dry to remove these spots.

just a thought.

Actually alerting you… condescending is not my strong point when I’m helping someone…

Get a loupe and have a good look if it still annoys it’s under warranty….be mindful people have had a watch opened to flush out a piece of lint at 6 and received a watch back with a small piece of lint at 10……

Actually alerting you… condescending is not my strong point when I’m helping someone…

Get a loupe and have a good look if it still annoys it’s under warranty….be mindful people have had a watch opened to flush out a piece of lint at 6 and received a watch back with a small piece of lint at 10……
Yup- we always assume that all watchmakers work in a clean room wearing rubber gloves with full Tyvek suit, but often they have their sandwich sitting next to your watch and their cat purring away on their lap.

Yup- we always assume that all watchmakers work in a clean room wearing rubber gloves with full Tyvek suit, but often they have their sandwich sitting next to your watch and their cat purring away on their lap.

Hey! I don't have a cat!

Damn, just dropped my sugar frosted donut on the bench 😡.
Better check it in case there are any parts stuck to the bottom.

Hey! I don't have a cat!

Damn, just dropped my sugar frosted donut on the bench 😡.
Better check it in case there are any parts stuck to the bottom.
Won't the spiders in the garage eat the sugar frosting 😉