Forums Latest Members
  1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 24, 2013

I'll throw in the Rolex clock that officially marked the start and finish of the 24 hrs du Mans (the world's biggest motor race - bar none) for decades.

2. mac_omega Sep 24, 2013

Here is mine with black dial:

DIV.jpg

cristos71 likes this.
  3. gastropode Dec 11, 2014

I also have a red Admiralty IMG_2006.JPG

With the box :
    Photo 3 Amirauté.jpg

pedrocarlone, Dre, watchme and 7 others like this.
  4. cristos71 Dec 11, 2014

Love these old thread resurrections! :)

That's a really nice one especially with the matching box too. It is the first time I have ever actually seen an Omega box signed " Amiraute "

Did you acquire it as a set?

5. gastropode Dec 11, 2014

Yes ;)

cristos71 likes this.
  6. cristos71 Dec 11, 2014

Great score!

Dibs!

7. miccro Dec 12, 2014

Yet another model I wasn't aware of, love the red on black

8. DManzaluni Sep 28, 2017

Nice looking divers watch! I may be slightly biased because I just got one but I need to find a bezel, which is part number o082tz0009

Any idea where I might find one please? That part number is for the right hand bezel but either would do. (Omega only has a price for the whole case)

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 28, 2017

Omega does have a price for just the bezel, but it's only $140 less than a whole case. Not sure who told you they could only supply a whole case, but that isn't correct.

Cheers, Al

10. DManzaluni Sep 28, 2017

THANKS

11. DManzaluni Sep 28, 2017

Thanks for that, - I just assumed that $530 for a bezel for a 70s watch was the non-serious price for the whole case! Which was why I asked if anyone had stock at realistic prices

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 28, 2017

Probably not realistic to expect someone to sell it for a lot less than it's worth...but best of luck in your search.

13. DManzaluni Sep 29, 2017

You seem to be implying that a lot of someones might think $530 for a bezel alone for a $300 - $400 watch is in some way 'realistic'?

14. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 29, 2017

In decent condition these are easily $1000+ watches.

15. DManzaluni Sep 29, 2017

Oh, OK, I will concede the point and I may have got my valuation wrong. But I would need to have found the watch for around five bucks to pay Omega's price??

vaguely Similar bezels are going for under $20 on ebay

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 29, 2017

Not at all - you have clearly misunderstood my post. Omega doesn't have control over what such a watch is worth on the secondary market, and I doubt they care when pricing out replacement parts. You can take issue with their prices all you want - I don't personally have an opinion one way or another - the price is just the price.

But if you are expecting someone reselling Omega parts, who knows that the bezel is worth a specific amount new to sell it for a lot less - that is what I think is unrealistic.

"Vaguely similar" is not close enough as you have found, but maybe you are better off buying a "vaguely similar" watch instead of this one, or sell this one and buy one that doesn't need a bezel. In any case, I was just trying to help you because you seemed to be under the impression that the bezel was not available as a separate part, so now you know. Good luck...

17. DManzaluni Sep 29, 2017

Bu when pricing the parts, it does seem relevant that they are charging a few hundred per cent of the new retail price of the whole watch for just the bezel!

Do you really think that when RE-pricing their stock "I doubt they care when pricing out replacement parts"? I'll bet their original price was what one might call realistic!

Maybe I shouldnt complain. I accidentally arrived in Crans-sur-Sierre in about 1973 without a watch and had to buy one in an expensive jeweler locally. I bought a natty looking Leonidas Easy Rider for ten quid or so. Although I didnt know that people would think Heuer was going to buy the company, I sold that watch last year for around $600!

I will probably do what you say and sell the Omega Divers.

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 29, 2017

I certainly don't believe that Omega monitors completed auctions for vintage watches on eBay and prices the spare parts accordingly...so yes as I said I don't think they care what the current value of the watch is.

They put enough "effort" into supporting vintage watches so they don't become completely useless too quickly, because that may potentially have negative repercussions on sales of new watches. And sales of new watches is all they really care about, because that makes them the most money - that is their duty as a publicly traded company - maximize profits for shareholders.

They are not in the business of supporting vintage, at least no more than they have to in order to keep selling new watches. If they can discourage you from fixing that old watch by making "unrealistic" prices (your term, not mine) then that's what they will do. To think otherwise is pretty naïve.