Forums Latest Members

Don't fall for a Fake vintage Omegas! Post them here (Not for questions)

1. GuiltyBoomerang Apr 25, 2016

A fake. Unfortunate; however, since it was your grandfather's, keep it as a momento; he too would have appreciated the service this watch gave to him :)

If you really want to find a nice Seamaster, look inside the Sales (https://omegaforums.net/forums/watches-for-sale/) or Private Sales (https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/) forums - they're chock-a-block full of deals if you're looking for vintage and/or modern. Just make sure to do some research and post a thread up asking for recommendations before you pull the trigger :thumbsup:

Also, please check out the to-read-as-a-new-member here thread: https://omegaforums.net/threads/for-the-new-members-read.23288/ as well as the Vintage Omega Posting thread here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/ Both contain really helpful tips that will serve you well as you post and browse on the forums.

And one more thing! Find a profile picture before an admin gives you one of their own diabolical creation ::stirthepot::

Edited Apr 25, 2016
    Jaacck, UncleBuck, gostang9 and 2 others like this.
  2. Hijak Apr 25, 2016

Outstanding response!:thumbsup:

3. Pvt-Public May 7, 2016

4. roel1955 May 9, 2016

Good to know this information

5. roel1955 May 9, 2016

6. roel1955 May 9, 2016

looks so real, good you didnt buy it, i would have done it and be burned

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 9, 2016

THIS IS NOT A " IS THIS NOT A FAKE THREAD OR SHOULD I BUY THIS "

THIS IS A THREAD TO POST FAKES SO NEWBIES DONT GET CAUGHT OUT.

IF YOU WANT ADVICE ON A WATCH START A THREAD

8. stiofan WUS topic importer May 9, 2016

The thread is so confusing now, it might be better if the "is this fake?" posts are deleted.

X350 XJR likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2016

This thread has always been confusing, because people post here that should not. We try to move or remove posts to new threads , don't often have the time to catch them.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 9, 2016

Would it be better to report the post? At the very least, we should all probably quit responding, until the post gets moved.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2016

Would not hurt

12. blacksharpie May 17, 2016

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-196...266798?hash=item41aa9ca4ee:g:g1oAAOSwHJhXM9TsPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Beware. This guy looks to be manufacturing these on some scale. This is at least the third listing I've seen recently with movements having unique serials. Dial, case, bezel and hands are various levels of horrible. For those interested, bezel should be matte and numbers are too tall, "automatic" should be longer than "omega" "T Swiss T" should not tun into minute markers, hands are too blunt, case is missing notches on side at 3 and 9, case back markings are way too deep. People are bidding serious money on this crap.

Looks like the same guy has two ebay accounts, "qqpart11" and "timeq22." Has sold nearly identical fakes on both accounts and the cities that are listed are adjacent.

Please help out and report it to ebay.

OMGRLX likes this.
  13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 17, 2016

I admire your intent, but unless it's an obvious fake, it will be hard to convince the eBay moderators.
    What wording do you suggest we put in the 100 character report box to make it clear to them that this is a fake?

I'm not trying to be a PITA, but things like this (franken/mod) are hard to define to those in charge of an auction site.

OMGRLX likes this.
  14. blacksharpie May 17, 2016

Totally. I appreciate what your saying and to anyone but us weirdos who know the details it looks authentic. But it's so glaringly fake, not franken, that it just bugs me. One report for sure won't make a difference but perhaps if enough people chime in? And if this was a one off I could be convinced that the seller has no idea, but like I said, it's at least the third in the last couple of months.

EDIT: plus he's also selling a fake Tudor Ranger.

OMGRLX likes this.
  15. Holma20 May 18, 2016

The emblem is so bad on the fake ones haha

OMGRLX likes this.
  16. uwsearch May 20, 2016

fake seamaster 300Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

17. aznsupra May 27, 2016

Edited

Edited May 28, 2016
  18. Finrod Felagund May 27, 2016

Hi Steve, few lines above members tried to explain that this not the right place to ask... please read before posting.
    BTW seems to be legit but hardly polished.
    Please open a thread and experts will tell you much more than I.

19. aznsupra May 28, 2016

Thank you

20. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 28, 2016

Please read the title of this thread:
    Don't fall for a Fake vintage Omegas! Post them here (Not for questions)

You'll probably get an answer if you start a thread about it.