Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

Omegaforums.net is the best online forum for vintage omegas in the internet. This has been achieved through the vision of Trev and Ash and the participation of many knowledgeable moderators and members who take time out of their busy lives to share what they know about the hobby. This knowledge took many years and thousands of hours of diligent and patient research – poring over internet listings, books, advertisements and closely examining and analyzing watch after watch, dial after dial, part after part. So for the new members – realize and respect this. Do not abuse the privilege of membership here – ask because you are curious and enjoy the fellowship and not because you want to make a quick buck. Do some of the research first. Post good photos. And once you learn something, give something back in return.

2. calalum Mar 24, 2015

I totally agree. Too many people taking advantage around here.

By the way, where can I get a great deal on a good vintage Omega, and which one do you think I should buy?

Etienne_, pix98, Seikoporean and 24 others like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 24, 2015

So say we all.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 24, 2015

Agreed!! Last time I hinted as much my Nobel Prize was taken from me, but I still believe there should be a great amount of respect for the time and efforts of the "counseling body" of this forum, which is extensive and valuable, but not paid. "please" "thank you " and honesty should not be too much to expect.

5. OmegaRookie Mar 24, 2015

As a new guy I have enjoyed this forum immensely. That being said, it's hard to add much valuable info with such a knowledgeable group. I love the banter and I have learned a lot.

Mensur, pix98, Engee and 27 others like this.
  6. boat2dan Mar 24, 2015

Well said, all about Respect!! I view access here as a privilege!!

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 24, 2015

You're doing well. We just gotta find you a nice 36mm or so vintage piece.

8. OmegaRookie Mar 24, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg
    You didn't see this??? :D;)

BennaZAR, DJG2645, sky21 and 4 others like this.
  9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 24, 2015

Very nice!

rickyneo and axiale like this.
  10. OmegaRookie Mar 24, 2015

Alpha parted with this for me. It's my new (to me) dress watch

marianus and oddboy like this.
  11. JohnSteed Mar 24, 2015

Should be stickied on the top of every page ...

Syrte, HeuerLoon and Frunkinator like this.
  12. ock2915 Mar 25, 2015

:thumbsup: You are right , this is the best Omega forum :thumbsup:

13. ulackfocus Mar 25, 2015

Know what? I like it when some schmuck comes along and tries to steal nuggets of knowledge! Or should I say I like blasting the schmucks who try to get something for nothing. :D Had a bad day at work and couldn't tell off an asshole customer that needed to know how much of a jerk they are? No worries, take it out on a douchebag on the internet! ::stirthepot:: :coffee:

Smart ass. :p

Tell jokes then. There's always room for another class clown. ::psy::

Butchhuff likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2015

Hint:
    Maybe the bad jokes in another thread :)

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 25, 2015

And feel free to use this link for free as many times as you like

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database

MrFish, rickyneo, Kev1n_t and 2 others like this.
  16. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Mar 25, 2015

I'm also a newbie here. From my name you can tell that I only have one watch, so, once it is sold next month, I am out of here. In the mean time, my experience here has been very pleasant. Everyone has been very courteous and helpful. I am pleased and surprised that there has been no smart a** comments or trolling on my post.

Thanks to all of you

Rich

17. Hijak Mar 25, 2015

I think you just got lucky.;)

ulackfocus likes this.
  18. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2015

This is a great place! I've learned so much from so many knowledgable people here, it's truly a pleasure.
    I've been in plenty of other forums that just didn't feel right. But the veterans in here really try to make everyone feel welcome.
    A big thanks to all the wonderful and patient members :)

omegafan79 and felsby like this.
  19. bvertz Mar 25, 2015

This group is very generous with its knowledge. Thanks for sharing so much information about Omega's history (esp. the connection to the space program, which is what hooked me), the watch collecting hobby, the Swiss watch industry, the mechanics, and the perils/pleasures of the eBay and auction marketplace. Like many novices, I wanted to have some "skin in the game" by acquiring a couple of pieces, and this forum helped to reduce the risk. Maybe I'll eventually learn enough to do more than just change the straps.

20. E-diddy Mar 25, 2015

MUCH respect & thanks to all the experts on this forum. You and this forum have been instrumental in furthering my new passion (ok, ok, obsession). Hoping I can contribute to this community as my knowledge grows and further its mission.

Happy Jack and LitoSan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.