Forums Latest Members

Does Jesse Hueg have any of your watches?

1. ulackfocus Nov 19, 2012

Just got a PM from another member who's in the dark still:

I'll have to send Roger a PM to see if he ever got his Lemania back.

2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 19, 2012

I think if you want any work done by Jesse, you need to drive up to visit him in person, like Greg H. the mega-Ilinois collector does. I had similar (but more minor) experiences with him this past spring/summer at the time he seems to have imploded, and was lucky to get my 2 watches back relatively unscathed and working. He had switched out an incorrect seconds hand for some reason on one of them, but I finally got one from another collector.

But I'll never send him another watch; it's just not worth the hassle.

3. Jacquot Nov 19, 2012

Well, I'm not sure I'll take the drive, and I'm closer than a lot of people. To be fair, I got back three watches serviced and nicely detailed. The monocoque Connie that was all (99%) original came back much better, he replaced (fabricated) a bad hour marker, detailed the case, serviced the movement, and it kept great time. But the stem separated within a week--and that was one of the problems I told him about when I sent it to him. Then the pointer date Benrus. That came back serviced and looking great, and it departed really unworkable; however, the stem did not work for setting the watch. It did keep good time. I know they can be very tricky to set up. The third was my Longines power reserve. That had already been serviced, but the PR was not registering correctly. I know that also can be a tricky service, but that was the only reason I sent it to him. It came back just the same. This was many months in Albany. After I got them all back and realized the problems, I talked to him, had email exchanges, and sent two back--I knew of these issues here, so perhaps shame on me--but he promised to take care of them within 10 days. Well, it has been a lot longer than that. I did not send the Longines back to him, thank goodness. I sent him an email last week and got not response, then saw these updates. I sent another today asking that they be returned to me assembled and in whatever state. I have other places to send them. I gave him a second chance, maybe foolishly in hindsight. I have had troubles with other watchmakers where things had to go back, but never anything like this. I expect that I will get the watches back, but am somewhat holding my breath.
    David

4. rbird7282 Nov 19, 2012

I still have a minor problem with my Hamilton Chrono I sent him, but I can assure you he'll never see one of my watches again. (especially after reading the last couple of posts) Whether I send a watch out via mail or drop it off, I don't want to have to chase after it constantly to find out what the hell is going on.

5. Widows Son Dec 6, 2012

Finding a good watchmaker is like finding a good wife, difficult at best!!!! If they were to charge enough to make a good living, some would complain about their prices. If they charge too little, they're swamped with work and can't get anything done!!!! I'm not sure what the answer is. I have about 50+ watches to wear and about 1/2 a dozen out for repair at any one time. My watch guy may have one of mine for many months, he just calls when it's done. Bought a nice vintage Hamilton a couple of years ago on the swamp. Came with a chipped crystal. Had it serviced and new crystal installed. Wore it maybe once. Needed a nice presentation watch for the outgoing master of my lodge. Took it to my jeweler to have the back engraved and have a new band installed. When I picked it up, it wasn't running!!!! My jeweler took the hit for having his own watchmaker overhaul the movement (something got screwed up when they removed the back for engraving) and threw the engraving in for free. Got it back in time to present to my pal at our stated meeting.

6. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has any updates to add in this thread? Or is it better to leave well-enough-alone?!

7. ulackfocus Feb 25, 2013

Um, maybe we should wait for Ashley to tell the tale of his caliber 320. :(

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 28, 2013

Was the 320 he just got back "serviced" by Jesse?

9. ulackfocus Feb 28, 2013

Sure was.

10. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 28, 2013

Ah! I hope he didn't send it back.

11. rbird7282 Mar 9, 2013

So my Hamilton Chrono that had a minor problem after being serviced from him (less than a year ago) just stopped working entirely yesterday. I'm so pissed I can't see straight.
    ::censored:: ::censored:: ::censored::

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2013

Send it over to Steve, be interesting to see what he finds.

13. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2016

It's been over 2.5 years from the last post, yet I got an email from Kate in Alabama just a few minutes ago:

Administrator <[email protected]>
    [​IMG]4:21 PM (5 hours ago)[​IMG]
    to me

I came across this old thread and I hope it still goes to a good email address. I sent Jesse my watch two years ago. We talked off and on for a while, and the last I talked to him, the watch was working, but not as well as he wanted it to. I have been trying for about 6 months now to get him to just return the watch as is, but I cannot get an answer either by phone or email. Can you help me with this? Do you know what I need to do?
    Kate Xxxxxx
    Alabama

Hmmmmm, "the watch was working, but not as well as he wanted it to." Sound familiar? I can't believe he's pulling the same shit. Our theory back then was that he wasn't buying new parts, but waiting for one of the local gold scrappers to get a parts movement for him. That would explain my situation with the Seamaster 751 and Genève 562 and their problems discussed previously in this thread. I had heard he got a local job as a watchmaker which would give him access to parts or a parts account. Why is this still happening?

14. alam Jan 12, 2016

Oh! he's still alive! and apparently doing business as usual! :cautious:

15. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 12, 2016

Thanks for bringing this up again, Dennis. You've reactivated my watch-repair-related PTSD

16. Jacquot Jan 13, 2016

And it was only last year after getting technical advice on this Forum that I was able to finally really fix a watch he had for 2 years... I felt lucky to ever get it back. WRR PTSD indeed... ugh.

17. Usmc1968 Aug 14, 2019

I should have researched his name before sending my inherited Seamaster PPF a few months ago. Same story, "shipping Monday". That was 2 weeks ago and several emails later he still has it. He cashed my check. I might tell him I will make a little trip to NY and pick it up myself if I do not get it back soon. Maybe that will motivate him to send it back! Ughghg

18. rbird7282 Aug 14, 2019

I would go pick it up. You won’t see it for months (at a minimum) and it probably won’t even work properly. Personally, I would begin legal action against him. He’s been operating this way for at least 8 years. The guy should be in jail.

19. Usmc1968 Aug 28, 2019

Well I got the watch back after pretty much threatening him. Now it will randomly stop, even after wearing it all day! When I pull the crown out to wind it the second hand will start to move, as do the hour and minutes ones! WTH.

20. Stufflers Mom Aug 28, 2019

Yep, quite why people even contemplate going down this sort of service route is a joke.