Forums Latest Members

Does Jesse Hueg have any of your watches?

1. ulackfocus Jul 5, 2012

Has he had them an inordinate amount of time? If so, please contact me via e-mail at [email protected] or simply start a conversation with me here.

2. STEELE Jul 5, 2012

Nah, still using Rik and had great success!

3. smithrjd Jul 9, 2012

He did not acknowlege receipt of the Longines 22A that you asked me to send to Him. I did send it with tracking. Over two weeks now. Nice to know an other Hockey player. Not at your level, but in HS was a right winger. First string, grew up in Duluth MN. Surprised the kids when stationed in Bahrain (they really do have an ice rink) Still had my CCM Tack I's. They were surprised that Dad could skate, forwards or backwards.. LOL

4. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

Once the big stuff gets covered, I'll take care of you whether Jesse ships it to me or not.

ps - Microns for rinks (I was primarily a defenseman), Bauer Turbos for beating around on the lake (didn't have to worry about them if I fell through - which happened a few times). :p Guess we're showing our age by stating what model & brand we used.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2012

Do you ever get back this way?

6. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

Okay, here's an update for those that have contacted me: some of us are getting our watches back now. I just got the remainder of mine. Of course they never were repaired, but I'll deal with that with another watchmaker. How you can call yourself omega564 on the forums yet take a perfectly operational 751 and turn it into a watch that's stuck on Tuesday is beyond me.

Please keep me updated as to when you receive your items back.

7. Wetworks Jul 9, 2012

:(

8. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

Received my watches and none in the package work.... but I knew that was going to happen. I also received a check for a refund of the Universal Genève triple calendar/moonphase that I never got. I just called the credit union the check is drawn on and they told me there's no Jesse on the account that I gave them and not to deposit the check. I immediately called and left Jesse a message that I want a US Postal Money Order to replace it. It had better come promptly or my next call is to my lawyer to file a claim against him.

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 9, 2012

what happened to jesse?

10. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 9, 2012

Wish I knew... he has my 352. :(

11. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

He's still around. Just not completing watches. None of the watches I got back today are working - and that includes the aforementioned 751 that I bought from you Mike. Worked fine when you shipped it but not now.

JohnSteed likes this.
  12. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 9, 2012

Do we know why his output has dropped like this?

13. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

I don't have the complete story but I know some. When I take a ride north for the NYC gang's next GTG I'll be filled in.

14. ulackfocus Jul 17, 2012

Well, it looks like the check cleared. That's one thing that went right. As soon as Steve is done a batch of watches he'll get the Seamaster sparkle 751. As much as I like it, it would be nice to wear on a different day than Tuesday.

15. Jacquot Jul 17, 2012

I just saw this thread.... My three are on the way back supposedly, but you can't really track the PO, just when 'delivered' like I'll need that...everyday I'm looking for them. I hope these were actually serviced, I'd hate to be another 6 months without them, just makes for more purchases! Anyway, they shipped the 12th, but have not arrived. I, too, wonder what happened up there... I might have to continue with my Idaho connection who's been pretty good, actually. My only complaint was the adjustment on the Longines PR... I hope that's OK now--please!, and that the crown on the monocoque doesn't fall off again (that was original and then also Jesse the first time). I hate to hear things like this, all around. I know he was great for lots of services.
    David

16. Wetworks Jul 28, 2012

Any update on this? He has 3 of mine as well. I was told two weeks ago they were ready to go out, then last week I was told they were "on the winder" and would ship the end of the week. Here it is Saturday, and still no notification of shipment. I guess I'll be placing another call next week inquiring about my stuff. The worst part is one of the watches was bought with the sole intent of flipping. Waiting around this long has made the deal I got on it almost moot since the bill has been paid. The other two have been with him on and off for the better part of a year. And like you said, I can't even be sure that they have been properly serviced without, well, paying for another service with someone else. Beyond disappointing.

17. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 28, 2012

Ok. I didn't know this thread existed until today. I need to post some comments. Jesse got three of my Speedmasters in February of this year. He never told me just how long they would take, but they were all running and needed mostly cosmetic work...one full service. I wrongly assumed they would be done in a month or two, so I bugged him about them after 3 or 4 months. He was clearly buried in work at the time, but we all tend to care JUST about our watches, understandably. He missed several deadlines, and I was a little upset with him, but he was always polite and friendly. He came VERY highly recommended by Dennis on another forum. He had done several watches for Dennis, and apparently he did nice work. Early this year he must have gotten behind....had a home break-in...maybe some other personal issues...don't know. But I do know this about Jesse: He is a great guy with a great history in watch repair, and he knows EVERYTHING about fixing them. He goes far beyond what I have seen from other watchmakers. He is able to make parts that are no longer available, and he LOVES to refinish cases to factory appearance. He is truly a craftsman...and truly human. I was very frustrated with him, and I told Dennis as much a month or two ago. It seems Jesse has now gotten back on top of his work and is probably turning watches over more quickly. His prices are VERY reasonable for complicated watches...and probably the others. He is one of the friendliest guys I have ever known, and the work he did for me was excellent. I would recommend him, but I would also note that when sending a vintage watch for repair, be aware it may need parts that can take a lot of time to "source." I will be more patient next time. I would especially recommend Jesse for jobs that typical watchmakers might shy away from....like making tiny parts for dials or movements....or refinishing cases correctly. He is a perfectionist, which could explain the extra time....and I would not want a non-perfectionist touching my watches. Dennis, did his check ever get refused by the bank? I can't tell from your posts, but that is a very important detail to clarify. Did you pay for the service on the watches that weren't completed? Did he send them back as finished? Did he charge you for the service? Did he do work on the watches that he didn't charge you for? These are all very important details that might help in understanding the situation. As I noted before, I was frustated with Jesse with regard to turnaround time, but he has gained my confidence again. I feel it is unfair to damage his repuation when he has decades of good work to his credit. Also, I think those of you who have had good experiences with Jesse might mention that in this thread when you get a chance.

18. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 28, 2012

I do not know Jesse and had not had work done with him so cannot directly comment about him. I have 2 watchmakers who I rely on - one local and one not. The fellow who is not local sounds a lot like Jesse - a perfectionist who will go above and beyond to make sure things are right including fabricating parts that are no longer available. I send him watches by batch and sometimes wait for 4-6 months to get all of them back. Along the way deadlines are missed due to other work he does (he makes tower clocks from scratch, is active in his church and has some health issues) and I have to say while I have been disappointed repeatedly with missed deadlines and broken promises regarding this, I have not been disappointed by the work. So in my situation and perhaps in Jesse's situation, at the end of the day if the work quality is exceptional then the delays may be forgiven. If the work quality is not excellent then that to me is the main problem.

19. Jacquot Jul 28, 2012

Jesse and I had a good conversation a week ago. He's had my watches a long time, but in all fairness when I sent them I told him that I was in no rush. I know he fabricated an hour marker for my pie pan monocoque, I saw the photos and it was just amazing. I never expected that and replacement dials are no longer available. I had hoped to get them back this week. I have plenty of watches to wear, and look forward to these--my first with him--when they come. Quite honestly of the three watchmakers I've used, all took their time--only one did so with repeat poor results--and Jesse has two of those watches now to fix. I am optimistic that all will work out well and it's good to hear a positive report Speedycosmograph.

20. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 28, 2012

There's no doubt that he does great work, but the main problem for me is that he has been saying they are ready to ship, but I haven't received any tracking number or any notification that he actually shipped it. They were supposedly ready to ship months ago, but no luck yet. Sent him an email about two weeks ago and like Tommy, he said he would go to the PO and give me a tracking number. I still haven't gotten anything though, and I haven't seen them in over a year.