Forums Latest Members

Does Jesse Hueg have any of your watches?

1. ulackfocus Jul 31, 2012

No, not yet. And I just got back the two watches that Greg snagged from him - and he didn't even change the mainspring on the Waltham. I don't even want to talk about the case polishing on the Longines 19AS. ::censored::

2. Wetworks Aug 2, 2012

My watches are back. Not everything is the way it should be, but I am told that was mostly due to my insistence on getting them back. Fine.

3. ulackfocus Aug 2, 2012

rrrriiiiggghhhhttttt. Exactly how many times would you have to return them to have them fixed properly? We both know the answer is higher than 3! :cautious:

4. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Aug 2, 2012

Well, Wetworks, it seems the only possible answer is that you should find another watchmaker. I wouldn't blame anyone for changing guys after getting a watch back that was supposed to be fixed but it wasn't fixed. If you paid for X services, and you didn't get those services, you should be upset. If he returned them with the understanding that everything was finished and 100 percent...and you paid with that understanding, he should have to make it right. Is that the case? Did you pay for work that was not accomplished?

5. Wetworks Aug 2, 2012

There are elements to the service that are not up to snuff. Part of that is presumably because I was hasty in my requesting the watches be returned. Part of it is due to a part that had not come in. Part of it was attributed to the age of the watch. Part of another problem was left as unexplainable. At this point my confidence level is diminished to the point that I am not willing to wait and see if it can be "made right".

The issue of money is between he and I.

6. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Aug 2, 2012

I am very happy with the work Jesse did on my three vintage Speedmasters...inside and out. I will use his services again, but I will send only one watch next time. It should also be noted that Jesse charges less than just about anyone doing this kind of work. And it may not matter to some of you that he is a super nice guy, but it matters to me.

7. Wetworks Aug 2, 2012

Indeed he is a super nice guy, as I noted previously. And he does work cheaper than most. None of my (or anyone else's) gripes are about either of those points. Since you feel the need to shift the goalposts, please, feel free to also have the last word:

8. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Aug 2, 2012

I'll be happy to have the last word, but it can't be the words I'd truly like to type. Jesse's biggest mistake was taking basket case watches and not being able to say "no." Most watchmakers wouldn't attempt half the work he does for people, and as a result, he creates more headaches for himself. That is why I reiterated that his is a nice guy. Not to "shift the goal posts" as you stated. Jesse could make his life much easier by telling all the people who go to him with junk they bought hoping to make some money after getting him to work miracles for little charge to find someone else. (good luck with that) Again, this is the edited version of what I'd like to type. I was pissed off that he kept saying my watches were on the way, but I would never post negative comments to discredit him, especially when those comments left out the entire OTHER side of the story. And I would NEVER let a personal deal gone bad in which I hoped to buy something for a fraction of its worth and flip it for a nice profit at the expense of a friend cause me to lose my objectivity and try to harm someone's professional reputation. As for you, Wetworks person...this obviously is not all directed at you. I'm sure you have spent some time discussing this issue in private with one or two members here, and there are some axes being grinded, sadly.

9. ulackfocus Aug 2, 2012

First, it isn't one or two members - it was dozens of members from several forums.

Second, how is a perfectly functioning Seamaster caliber 751 a basket case? It didn't even really need a service yet for another year or two, but since I wanted it tidied up I figured it would be prudent to have it cleaned & lubed. Now the f___ing day doesn't change. My Genève caliber 562 also worked fine, and upon return kept stopping. As soon as I gave it to Steve he found the wrong set bridge was used. That's two OMEGA watches that were so improperly serviced they worked WORSE than when they were sent it to a watchmaker with a screen name of omega564.

Frankly Patrick, you're getting tiresome. The rest of what I'd like to say will be done in private.

10. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

Anyone else still waiting to get their stuff?...

11. ulackfocus Aug 31, 2012

Several of the guys who were waiting have received their watches. You still haven't received you or your brother's watches?

12. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

Still waiting. I would love to see them before I go off to college...

13. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

Kyle,
    This is off topic but what are your plans for the future? Which college are you going to and what course are you taking? Depending on your course, there are probably professionals here who can help you with your homework! ;)
    Mike

14. alam Aug 31, 2012

and you have some nice [read between the lines: black dial] watches in your collection that could help you in taking care of future tuition payments and books... :D:D:D

15. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

I'll be a senior this year in high school, so I'm not sure where I'm going yet! I've looked at a couple colleges so far, (BU, Northeastern, Binghampton, Rensselaer, etc...), and I think I'm going with engineering. I also took economics last year, and although I was pretty bad at it I thought it was one of the more interesting classes. :p

16. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

Can't go wrong with engineering - with that background you can always go into a field like finance later on perhaps even take up a masters in economics or finance or a related field.

17. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 31, 2012

Wow you still in high school! Seriously? I agree with Mike. Engineering will allow you to move into the finance field later if you choose to. And good luck with your choice.

18. ulackfocus Aug 31, 2012

Yep, Kyle has been with us on the forums since he was 13 - or maybe even younger. Imagine the collection he'll have when he gets to be a geezer like most of us!

19. astrosfan Aug 31, 2012

I'm in your boat man. Still waiting...

20. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 17, 2012

Finally got them back. One of them is in pieces, the other one is running ok (for now) and the one that was serviced and was running fine when I looked at it last year now has a jumping second hand. ::confused2::

Edit: Just to clarify, one of the watches (Bubbleback) was left in pieces because finding an axle was nearly impossible. Jesse did work on other parts of the movement like the mainspring, and the watch is currently working and keeping time. He did spend a significant amount of time on the axel. The watch currently runs and is keeping time.

The other one with the jumping hand (353) is missing a corrector spring, and I'm told unforunately that part is also a pain to find.

I'm very happy with the work he did on my 352, and he did a great job with the polishing and movement work. It's currently keeping good time. So overall, I'm satisfied with the work that he has done. Very happy to have them back.