Forums Latest Members

Does anybody know how 2915 bezels really looked like?

1. nerdbedusa Oct 11, 2018

Well, we are leaving the thread and my original question...

I have no experience with UV powder, but was told that that it doesn't glow, but is only visable under UV light, just like radium would be.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 11, 2018

marco, heavenscloud, teojjsg and 4 others like this.
  3. ConElPueblo Oct 11, 2018

Ah, I've been mixing terms, sorry. Thought we were talking about the luminous powder, which obviously wasn't what you said.

Can't help much with the bezel, best of luck! :)

4. mr_yossarian Oct 11, 2018

So just let us know what you asked Mr. Hyman for, then we can discuss your bezel question.

5. nerdbedusa Oct 11, 2018

Why are we mixing up dials and bezels here?

I did not intend to do that.

6. nerdbedusa Oct 11, 2018

Thank you for this picture! Beautiful watches!

Both of those bezels seem wrong to me. Well, the left one is much better, but it's fake as well.

And I won't explain why I know that...

I was looking for some professional input here, being supported by so many experts.

Edited Oct 11, 2018
  7. mancio Oct 11, 2018

I think @Spacefruit could give you a good answer about what are you looking for.
    BTW, i would be curios to know how were you able to see that particular bezel is fake (privately of course).
    Just curios since i'm quite new here

8. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 11, 2018

The right one is the Omega 60th Anniversary Speedmaster, which they based off of the original 2915 (just in case you were not aware). I would certainly hope that Omega knew what their original designs were and could authenticate original bezels, and would also be highly surprised if they couldn't reproduce them to the 't' (hopefully not the fake ones ;) ).

nerdbedusa likes this.
  9. nerdbedusa Oct 11, 2018

Well, it's all about those tiny little details, you don't realize unless you have a closer look... ;)

I was not opening this thread because I don't have any idea at all, but I was hoping to find somebody who has more information than me.

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

I guess you are asking where to buy those very close reproduction bezels? Or asking for alternatives?

11. nerdbedusa Oct 11, 2018

Of course I can see it's a 60th anniversary on the right. I have the complete trilogy series myself.

But the bezel design of the trilogy series is far apart from what was there originally. And they made that intentionally.

D.D. likes this.
  12. nerdbedusa Oct 11, 2018

I was just looking for more information, not necessarily intending to buy something...

13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

What sort of information?

And given that you're asking for information, is there any reason you couldn't share some too? Such as details you know of regarding the bezels in the pic above?

14. mr_yossarian Oct 11, 2018

..and you are such a decent man, so interested, so devoted to the subject and especially the tiny details you lack to know...to make sure.. What again did you ask Mr. Hyman to do?

Can't see any reply to that question. Will you? Just because I am hoping for someone who has more information than I have.

15. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

Ok, and what sort of info are you seeking?

16. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

Well, using spacefruit, among other esteemed members, a different approach might yield better results. William for example starts off by sharing something he knows and inviting others to contribute to the common knowledge. As you appear to have some such knowledge, maybe sharing first would get you what you're after. What you're doing here probably won't get you much.

63TR4, GordonL, lando and 3 others like this.
  17. Davidt Oct 11, 2018

This thread is wierd.

You're wanting to get into the finer details of exactly what an original 2915 bezel looks like, and you say you already have a large part of the information yet aren't prepared to share that?!

You're wanting people who know more than you to comment, yet you aren't willing help those who know less than you?!

Eve, marco, heavenscloud and 6 others like this.
  18. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

Not required, but among members with more knowledge than average, it is very much appreciated and goes along way to surfacing very useful and interesting information.

This is first and foremost a community of collectors who are here to share and learn.

When someone comes along and claims to have knowledge but is unwilling to share and only wants to take, it does turn some of us off.

Best of luck in your quest!

Eve, MCC, lando and 3 others like this.
  19. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

It would be a shame for you to leave with a bad taste and no longer engage here with the community, especially where 2915s are concerted as there is so little information.

With regards to your offer, I'm sure many here would love to know what it is about the bezel on the left in that pic posted some time ago, and what makes it so obviously fake.

For me, I would just be glad to see some pics of some watches as we all love pictures here. Even if they're projects that are not yet finished.

DSC_0898.jpg

Edited Oct 11, 2018
    Lonestar likes this.
  20. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2018

For completeness (from email notification):

Eve and Davidt like this.