Do you wear your watch while sleeping?

I’m curious to see how many of you sleep while wearing your watches. This question always seems to prompt passionate discussion, no matter what side you’re on.

Like 2
Yes, my Speedmaster 1861 is clamped on my wrist 24/7, minus the five to seven minutes I’m in the shower.

Like 7
Started all those years ago when we had to get up for the babies, then emergency duty solicitor calls, then puppies ….
….. and now that I’m in my seventies for a more common reason…

It’s gone from, “What time do you call this?!” to, “Is that really the time?!” through to, “Oh no, is it only …?!” ….

Which is why I wear a watch while sleeping …

Like 11
I could sleep and wear a watch only on travel (flight, train). However, when I have a normal bed I don’t see any reason for that..
I have tried to monitor my sleep with an Apple Watch, but I couldn’t and need to take it off. even with the lightest watch it’s just not comfortable when it’s on the wrist while you sleep. Also, when you are not alone (wife) i think it would be not good if you hit with a metal watch someone
So, I don’t sleep with a watch on my wrist.

About 50% of the time. Ironically, the Apple watch on my right wrist goes onto the charger every night.

I don't, what possible need would anyone need to wear a watch to bed when you are home?

Like 3
I don’t wear one in bed when I’m at home…..unless I capsize when pissed to the gills!
I usually leave it on when elsewhere……one less thing to lose.

I don't, what possible need would anyone need to wear a watch to bed when you are home?

Oh, I thought I’d given a few :whistling:

Oh, I thought I’d given a few :whistling:
Frankly I didn't think your reasons made wearing a watch necessary. But whatever. If I wake up at night and want to know the time I'll just look at the cable box, it has the time in bright blue numbers. A wristwatch isn't much good unless you turn a light on, lume never lasts that long.

Frankly I didn't think your reasons made wearing a watch necessary. But whatever. If I wake up at night and want to know the time I'll just look at the cable box, it has the time in bright blue numbers. A wristwatch isn't much good unless you turn a light on, lume never lasts that long.

Apart from not having a cable box or anything else electric on in the bedroom, you had to get up to check on babies and kids, puppies or dogs startled by fireworks (we get a lot in London). So it’s good to know if a feed is due, how long you’ve been sitting/settling the child or pet and, whether it’s worth going back to bed or if you might as well just get up.

It may be a generational thing - there weren’t cable boxes or cell phones (or anything electronically digital) when I got into the habit.

Like 3
Yes, but not for other bed-based activities.
It might be best to take off the watch for any activity that might involve inserting all the way up to the wrist!

Like 4
It’s simple for me. I can’t see the alarm clock on the dresser across the room. I’d rather sleep with a watch on than wear glasses to bed. As @Spruce mentioned, a quick glance at my wrist answers a lot of questions. Also, the lume on my Speedmaster (and every other watch I have) easily lasts all night.

As for the prurient path that @Watch my Whisky and @Pastorbottle went down, we all like to talk about “making memories with your watch”. In many cases, I know what watch I was wearing and with whom. Did I ever tell you about the time, in the dim and distant past, I had to literally floss beach sand out of the bezel of my Planet Ocean after a crazy night on the shore of Lake Ontario? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I sometimes wonder what happened to her, and where she is now…)

And then there’s the whole house fire thing. If you have to run out in the middle of the night, at least you have saved one good watch. Just grab the cat and the Gibson. Lovey is on her own - and hopefully right behind me.

Just a lifelong habit, I guess.

Like 3
It might be best to take off the watch for any activity that might involve inserting all the way up to the wrist!

Something you do when you're alone? :whistling:

Like 2
I have to because I use the smartwatch vibration as alarm for the morning...

I don’t, but I workout before I go to bed every night. Short workout that it may be, the watch comes off before that. Bedside clock is there for me if I wake and need to know the time. As for the potential fire, I’m grabbing the fire extinguisher and going to fight like heck to save everything I can. And if an unlucky intruder decides to visit, I’ll check the time of death following the encounter. :thumbsup: