Do you wear your watch while sleeping?

I’m curious to see how many of you sleep while wearing your watches. This question always seems to prompt passionate discussion, no matter what side you’re on.

Nope. I don’t wear anything when I sleep, including clothes. :)

Yes, always have.
23 years of On Call and shift work. (Want to know what time I got that $100 phone call :whistling:)

Like 7
Nope. I don’t wear anything when I sleep, including clothes. :)

Well, glad you made that clear then ;)

At home? No. When traveling? Sometimes.
I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, so if I don't have a clock within about 1 foot of my face...I ain't reading shit lol.
So in those cases I'll keep a watch on. But it feels weird...
When I was a watch obsessed child, I recall wearing them non-stop. Sleep, shower...anything.

Like 1
Absolutely, for many of the reasons mentioned above - no electronics or clocks (couldn't see them anyway) and I always wear a lumed watch, which I charge with a UV light just before bed. Done.

Like 2
I wear a smartwatch when I go to bed, to keep track of my sleep, vitals, snoring, etc. patterns. That's all I wear it for. Once I'm up and showered, I slap on a regular watch.

Nah, only if I fall asleep before I get a chance to, which isn't often. I don't want to clunk myself or the wife in the head, or worse, smack in on the bedside table.

Like 1
I collect stuff. Watches, guns, coins, antiquarian books (well, books of all kinds), Gillette razors, and pea whistles. Of those items, the only thing that I might occasionally sleep with is a bedtime book.

I don't need the watch which perversely enough, bugs me on the wrist as I try to sleep while wearing it.

A .38 Special revolver in bed is looking for trouble.

The only thing worse than cracker crumbs in bed are cold hard coins in bed.

A double-edged razor? See .38 Special above.

An Acme Thunderer pea whistle takes snoring to a new level.

Besides, sweet Mrs. noelekal in bed beats all of the above.

Like 2
Always! Usually something with an alarm as a backup to my phone alarm

For example:

PXL_20240123_000327033.jpg

Like 3
At home? No. When traveling? Sometimes.
I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, so if I don't have a clock within about 1 foot of my face...I ain't reading shit lol.
So in those cases I'll keep a watch on. But it feels weird...
When I was a watch obsessed child, I recall wearing them non-stop. Sleep, shower...anything.

Same for me, don’t wear a watch in bed at home but sometimes do when travelling. I have an old school quarts clock and a watch on the bedside cabinet. Phone (Wi-Fi and mobile data) is off at night. I do use the phone alarm as a wake-up call (although a grumpy cat normally does the job first)

Like 2
No need :)

IMG_9951.jpeg

Like 1
Oh my gosh, thank you! I did a search and somehow didn’t find either of these posts!
Thanks for linking them, and I’m sorry for the re-post
Best method is to Google search and use “site: omegaforums.net” before your search terms. The built in site search feature isn’t great.

To join the party, I do not sleep with a watch on. I take it off and put it on the bedside table right before bed.