Different Seamaster S?

Posts
7
Likes
3
Hi,

Does anyone know why some seamasters have a different S? At first I thought one was a fake but I’ve seen that S several times now on vintage omegas.

Below photos of two examples:

 
Posts
13,513
Likes
23,449
Different fonts from different periods.

Your first ‘rounded S’ is typical of the mid 60’s and beyond. The ‘coat hanger as’ in your second pic is earlier.
There’s also a ‘rounded S’ from the 50’s with a larger bottom half to the S
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,873
There have been many many variations of Seamaster fonts over the years.

Both examples you show look fine to me.
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
Agree with @JimInOz 😀
Some of the variation in the “S” shape (in my collection) which I believe all of them are legit.
Teerapat
 
Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
The 2 humped “m” and the 3 humped “m” are another quirk. And to be honest, this was a really odd sentence to type.