Forums Latest Members

Difference between Rolex and Omega

1. Happy Aug 19, 2020

was watching a YouTube video just now about Rolex and Omega. Funny that the guy says Rolex have turned into something that is turning a lot of people off the brand. And the big difference between the two forums,
    I was literally on the Rolex forum for two minutes before I came across this picture
    Screenshot_20200819-214024_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. M'Bob Aug 19, 2020

No difference; they are from the same company. They just want you to think they’re different.

3. Happy Aug 19, 2020

Rolex forum is all about look at what I've got, whereas Omega forum is look at my beautiful new watch!!

Bugbait, OmeGez and Rodentman like this.
  4. OmegaP99 Aug 19, 2020

I feel like the next evolution of the wrist shot on the RF will be just strapping the damned thing directly to their d**ks and comparing sizes (both mm and inches).

ChrisRid, Zapatta, Rodentman and 2 others like this.
  5. janice&fred Aug 19, 2020

Um...there are a lot of well respected members on the Rolex forum. Many of whom are also members here. It is a big forum so naturally there will be some outliers, sort of like me here :D

blufinz52, sonicosa, Alpha and 2 others like this.
  6. Happy Aug 19, 2020

Haha, I'm also on both forums and own both brands.

It is quite funny the difference between the two forums

OmeGez likes this.
  7. janice&fred Aug 19, 2020

Oh there are differences no doubt but that's part of the fun. I like the staff and members at TRF very much. Now WUS is a different story. I liked it when Ernie owned it but not so much since.

8. Marsimaxam Aug 19, 2020

Wow.... love em both. I'll get back to you on this one.

9. u35rm8 Aug 19, 2020

Away to delete his wrist shot beside the Ferrari bonnet.

janice&fred likes this.
  10. Marsimaxam Aug 19, 2020

It's actually a Lamborghini bonnet, but, hey, they're both Italian.

janice&fred and u35rm8 like this.
  11. u35rm8 Aug 19, 2020

Now that definitely belongs on TRF

12. gbesq Aug 19, 2020

There’s only one really big difference: YOU CAN ACTUALLY WALK INTO AN OMEGA BOUTIQUE AND LEAVE WITH THE MODEL THAT YOU WANT.

13. u35rm8 Aug 19, 2020

So true! That’s why I only buy discontinued Omegas, some Rolex habits are too ingrained :)

EauTerre likes this.
  14. TechFounder Aug 19, 2020

Oh god, please, no d**k pics!!! ::facepalm1::

OmegaP99 likes this.
  15. Dan S Aug 19, 2020

So what are you saying? You have something against lefties?

kelsey, sonicosa and Scooterino36 like this.
  16. Rodentman Aug 19, 2020

TRF is just about a couple dozen people stroking their egos and showing off, like the clown with $500k of camera gear sitting in boxes that he photographs with his phone and posts them 90 degrees rotated. Oh, they fawn all over him. I've been happily banned there 3 times and see no need to go back for a fourth time. And I am not impressed by your car. Any car.

Thrasher36 and kip595 like this.
  17. Marsimaxam Aug 19, 2020

Ok, I thought about it. First, both are superb watch brands, but, there are differences in my opinion.

Omega as a watch company has been around longer then Rolex, fifty years or so, and I truly believe Omega makes a more accurate and perhaps even a more superior movement then Rolex which is evident in past Swiss watch competitions. Rolex is generally a more expensive brand, but it’s far easier to obtain most Omega models then Rolex. Can you imagine if Omega sold the Speedmaster in the manner that Rolex sells its stainless steel Daytona... better sign up now.

I find the vintage Rolex market more lucrative then the Omega vintage market. There are also more vintage Rolex models in high demand and selling for stir crazy prices... just think anything called Newman.

Rolex produces more watches and probably has more iconic tool watches then Omega... consider the submariner, Daytona, GMT, and Explorer. But, Omega will give you more bang for your buck and has a more varied collection and also offers more in women’s watches.

Rolex as a brand name has better recognition among the civilian population, ie... regular people. People, not watch collectors, associate Rolex with financial success more so then Omega. Obviously, Rolex has done a superior job of branding itself over the years.

I’m not going to say who is better... I’ll let you decide.

18. kip595 Aug 19, 2020

@Rodentman what if it was some sort of Omega watch-powered car?

OmegaP99 likes this.
  19. 《007》 Aug 19, 2020

In addition to opinions that have been listed, it is also depends on how do u like the look of the watch. for me, Omega beats Rolex when comes to appearance and i love to wear a nice-looking watch rather than expensive bad-looking watch.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  20. Rodentman Aug 19, 2020

I think Omega beats Rolex on movement, accuracy, and value. Rolex are overpriced and overhyped on the internet. Twice MSRP for an illegible Daytona. Not for me.

kelsey, gbesq and Pun like this.