Forums Latest Members
  1. TomasSthlm Sep 4, 2022

Sold a watch to a member of this and other forums. I sent the watch before i got money.
    I know that he recived the watch, and Now he’s nowhere to be found. Tryed here, by phone and Mail… So the question is, did i just get scammed?

2. MtV Sep 4, 2022

It would help to know who the member is to a) possibly protect others if it actually turns out to be a scam and b) to see if someone else here has a connection to her/him and maybe knows more. Also, for how long has the silence been going on now? If you don't want to do it publically you could always message one of the mods, but personally I feel like as long as it's all respectful why not do it here.

3. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Sep 4, 2022

I’m assuming it’s @dmtowl?
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/someone-who-made-a-deal-with-dmtowl.150068/

4. MtV Sep 4, 2022

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  5. RevZMan123 Sep 6, 2022

dmtowl was last seen

Today at 11:08am

6. dmtowl Sep 6, 2022

PM me if you want an explanation. I received nothing but an empty box from this person who tried to take a significant amount of money from me, using what I suspect to be a fradulently obtained financial account. Ive already privately messaged other forum members who I know and have good history with.

I do not feel like airing out a scam attempt that happened off forum, here on OF.
    Do not do business with @TomasSthlm, who has 0 history on this forum.

DRjre086, KiliWatch, kaplan and 3 others like this.
  7. RevZMan123 Sep 6, 2022

That's a dick move, hopefully the forums admins address this and ban him quickly.

dmtowl likes this.
  8. TomasSthlm Sep 6, 2022

Please!
    The watch was rapped in plastic and then in a small box, sent with DHL. DHL stoped the shipping, Do to costums, you know that, you told me. I have it all on our conversation om ig.

9. TomasSthlm Sep 6, 2022

What would you Do if you got a empty box? I know What i would do, and thats not to delite my ig account/delite conversation, and go to total radiosilence.

Mark020 likes this.
  10. TomasSthlm Sep 8, 2022

DHL are now looking in to this. Lets see What happens.

paddymoran likes this.
  11. paddymoran Sep 8, 2022

I’ve got to say why would anyone send an empty box if they had not been paid?? That would make absolutely no sense. Hope it works out for you.

Caracal25, Archer and TomasSthlm like this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 8, 2022

Yep - this empty box story has some holes in it for sure...

TomasSthlm likes this.
  13. TomasSthlm Sep 14, 2022

ok, so what do i do now? DHL just confirmed that there was a watch in the box. And now they need to get in contact with the other part (dmtowl).
    I have asked him here/phone/mail to contact dhl. Nothing happens. So what is my next step??

14. TomasSthlm Sep 14, 2022

ok, so what do i do now? DHL just confirmed that there was a watch in the box. And now they need to get in contact with the other part (dmtowl).
    I have asked him here/phone/mail to contact dhl. Nothing happens. So what is my next step??

15. paddymoran Sep 14, 2022

Firstly, presuming the info you’ve shared is accurate (and anyone who reads the thread objectively will most likely believe you) haven’t been scammed - this is robbery, simple.

If I posted someone a watch with payment after delivery and the recipient stated that they received an empty box the package was either tampered with en route by a DHL (in this instance) employee or the recipient removed the watch and then claimed that the box was empty.

You need the cooperation of the recipient to determine which of the above two scenarios has occurred. Is there any evidence that the package was tampered with en route? Examining the package should help determine if it was opened before delivery. Is there any video evidence of the package being opened by the recipient revealing an empty box? As an aside I now ask the courier to wait while I open any package that I am concerned about after I received an empty box that was supposed to contain a watch.

Talk to DHL and ask what they need from you and the recipient to make a claim, assuming the box was opened en route.

If no success with DHL you clearly should contact your local law enforcement agency, if you haven’t done so already. Regardless of who perpetrated it you have been the victim of a crime. It’s an awful feeling, particularly for you as you acted in good faith and took a chance with someone.

Best of luck with it.

TomasSthlm likes this.
  16. TomasSthlm Sep 14, 2022

Hi, i got CONFIRMED that it was a watch in the box from DHL today. They Have it on film, Do to custom check they did. A check i dident know was goinig on. I got that info from the buyer, he told me to contact DHL, they needed more info. Now DHL needed to get in contact with the buyer. As allways he don’t replay when i send text/Mail. Hopefull that someone here know him or are able to contact him. Just so he can Do the right thing.

17. paddymoran Sep 14, 2022

DHL have video evidence of the package that was sent to you containing a watch. Can you do the right thing and cooperate with DHL and the sender?

Mark020 and TomasSthlm like this.
  18. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Sep 14, 2022

DHL will check contents of what is in their shipment if you took it down to a station. I just had this done with DHL whereas FedEx and UPS do not as a routine check.

dmtowl - When you opened the package did you photograph the box and how it arrived when you found out it was empty? A claim must be filed quickly and if there was evidence of tampering then an investigation would be opened and both parties must participate actively to have this resolved.

TomasSthlm - Did you insure the package fully or with a third party? If there is shipping tampering then their involvement will be needed for theft.

As a person who sells watches frequently, the story seems quite strange that the recipient would go silent on receipt of an empty box and not work with the shipper to figure out what exactly happened especially when payment was not made prior to shipping. Not that I don't believe dmtowl but I think s/he should air out some of the details so that everyone can try to understand and make sense of what happened. I hope both parties can work together to figure out the situation but if it is indeed a scam as accused, then sharing some details to protect the greater community would be very helpful. Just my 2 cents and if either party would like to message myself and I can lean on my DHL contacts to help aid in the investigation please do. Have a good day.

Shabbaz, Dan S, bhoboo and 7 others like this.
  19. watch_er Sep 15, 2022

Reading through this as a newer member but who has bought & sold a few watches on other platforms, what surprises me is shipping the watch without payment. Is this normal? I’ve not heard of a transaction with post shipment payment.

20. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Sep 15, 2022

This can happen if a member with no history is transacting with a well known member. Not typical but I do have instances where members who do not have much forum activity will ship with my insured label and I pay immediately upon receipt and leave feedback so they can have history build up going forward.

bardamu, Dan S, watch3s and 2 others like this.