Forums Latest Members
  1. Aventador22 Oct 4, 2018

Hey guys,

New to the forum and to the vintage world so please excuse all my questions!

I found this watch while I was lurking on this forum a few months ago. I believe it's a 60s/70s 166.020. I've been after this particular watch for about 6 months now just casually browsing and trying to find an example on eBay and chrono24.

The search for a watch you want is honestly half of the fun of owning it! I have been reading tons of old threads and post on this forum that have helped a lot but I needed help with figuring out the specific details of this particular one so I know exactly what to search/google for. Anyone have a lead to an example similar to it? Any reputable dealers on this forum that can help me source it? What is the range on it when it comes to prices and how much do you guys think it should cost me? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Really loving this forum!

Edit: deleted eBay listing of watch I was eyeing

OMEGA-SEAMASTER-DE-VILLE-Gold-Calibre-552-Ref-166-020-Circa-1960-V2.jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 8.47.16 PM.png
    Edited Oct 4, 2018
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 4, 2018

Over polished, plating worn on lugs, no movement photos. No where near worth the asking price in my opinion.

3. Rochete Oct 4, 2018

4. Aventador22 Oct 4, 2018

What do you recommend me searching for if I want to buy the watch that I attached?

5. Dan S Oct 4, 2018

efauser likes this.
  6. Aventador22 Oct 4, 2018

7. Aventador22 Oct 4, 2018

Anyone know the caliber of the movement and is the reference of 166.020 correct?

8. Dan S Oct 4, 2018

The seller indicated ref KM6292 in the listing, and I suspect he read it off of the inside of the case. It's a gold-filled watch in the listing, which is consistent with the OVD, so probably correct. Also according to the seller, the movement is a cal 563, which is consistent with the OVD. This is all in the eBay listing that you linked. I've added a link to the KM6292 entry in the OVD below.

According to the OVD, the 166.020 comes in stainless and gold-cap, not gold filled (see links below). Of course, the OVD isn't totally comprehensive.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-de-ville-omega-st-166-0020
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-de-ville-omega-cd-166-0020
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-us-collection-seamaster-de-ville-km-6292

9. Aventador22 Oct 4, 2018

Thanks for you help and information. The listing that I posted (now deleted) isn't the watch I want. I attached it because it was being advertised as a 37mm and I thought they typically came in at 34.5mm.

The watch I'm interested in are the pictures that I've attached. Sorry for the miscommunications. Will browse the threads you attached.

10. Dan S Oct 4, 2018

Those photos could be 166.020 references, but it's hard to be absolutely sure just from photos of the dial side. It would help if you found a listing for the watch you wanted, and then posted a link to it so that we could see more photos and read the description. Ideally, you would find a listing for the watch that includes photos of the inside of the watch; that way you could just read the reference number from the inside of the case. However, the 166.020 is a unishell case, so sellers will often not be able to open it to show the inside.

Most likely the seller of the KM6292 was fudging the size of the case by including the crown. Sneaky practice.

Samir likes this.