Decision Silver Snoopy or Project Alaska

As these two are now very close price wise which would you choose ?

I have had an Alaska and foolishly sold and miss it a fabulous package.

But recently the Silver Snoopy price has levelled out here in UK so similar to Alaska making it very tempting as no sign of one from AD.

which would you buy

All day everyday

1000019605.jpg

This is one of the most unique and beautiful Speedmaster editions ever. Certainly in most people's top 3 to 5 list.

Very easy choice between these two:
YmaAWS2.jpg

Neither to be honest. If you like the aesthetic, and I must admit I do, then benefit from a cost saving and get the upcoming white dial Speedy, hopefully that'll be priced around the level of the black dial and may have a few other Easter Eggs such as stepped dial, 3861, etc.

Do people forget that you couldn't give an Alaska LE away for around 10 years after launch? At one point, the Alaska tied with the Ap17 coin dial and Replica as the least valuable Pro models!
Edited:

Do people forget that you couldn't give an Alaska LE away for around 10 years after launch?

Similar to several watches. Meterorite Apollo-soyuz didn't sell (pricey) and sat on shelves. I'm sure there're other examples.

But.., the AK and Snoop dog are still a lot of cash.

Your opinion is all that matters, of course. FWIW (nothing), I find the AK to be very unattractive. The Snoopy is cute and all, and I do get the NASA connection, but, not being a special fan of the comic, I couldn’t justify seeing that cartoon character on my wrist every day. (Call me when Bill Watterson licenses a Calvin Speedy.)

I second the motion to wait on the (anticipated) new white dial Moonwatch.

Silly question, but to own or to wear? Semantics I know.
I would rather wear the Snoopy but would love the Alaska in my collection. If I didn’t care about wearing it I would like the Alaska hands down but having seen/worn Alaska it would not be a piece I wore for basic timekeeping. Just looked like a lump of white on the wrist, very underwhelming to me in person.

Silly question, but to own or to wear? Semantics I know.
I would rather wear the Snoopy but would love the Alaska in my collection. If I didn’t care about wearing it I would like the Alaska hands down but having seen/worn Alaska it would not be a piece I wore for basic timekeeping. Just looked like a lump of white on the wrist, very underwhelming to me in person.

I think aside from prefering the look the fact the Alaska was part of the project and Speedmaster development story is a key point for me... and the Orange hand.... almost an Ultraman ;0)

I'd take the Alaska anytime. But it's all just personal preference. Snoopy prices have come down a bit over the last few months. I see 131 listings for the Snoopy 50th on C24 (in stock), that's quite a lot. As comparison there are only 30 Ed White 321's listed.

I'd take the Alaska anytime. But it's all just personal preference. Snoopy prices have come down a bit over the last few months. I see 131 listings for the Snoopy 50th on C24 (in stock), that's quite a lot. As comparison there are only 30 Ed White 321's listed.

If you add the 321 to the choices, $ for $ this one is way better than Snoopy and probably better than the Alaska (personal preference):

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-calibre-321-ed-white.166939/

Well,

that is a difficult question! I think I would go with the Snoopy because the combination of blue and silver/white fits more to most suits, but the Alaska is an absolute beauty on its own and has the richer history in my point of view as well as an incredible white dial and don’t forget the Hesalit at the Alaska - a big plus here! Luckily I have both and have an easy speech.

If it is not possible to own both and you don’t have a classic Moonwatch, get the Moonwatch first and maybe wait what comes around this ˋwhite dial´ year … and choose after the releases…

BR
Hans

I like the Alaska. I would try to get one if it wasn’t so expensive

I think there are better white dial speedys out there to be had, and with the new one coming, I'd give it a minute and see what you think of it. There are photos floating around since Craig was wearing it in public already. Frankly, I'd take that over either of these.

Does the Tokyo 2020 rising sun count as white? It’s kind of silvery glittery isn’t it?

Does the Tokyo 2020 rising sun count as white? It’s kind of silvery glittery isn’t it?
Not even close to white, it has a sugary texture, a silvery color. At first glance in many pictures, like this one, it could pass for white, but it's not in real life. That's the problem with 'white' dials, they usually aren't stark white like the Alaska or Snoopy 45th, they are either an ecru (creme) or silvery opaline (Apollo 11 35th or Tokyo 2020 Panda), or something really different like the Rising Sun. The Daniel Craig watch does look like a true white dial but until it can be seen in the flesh we don't know for certain. Glossy, matte, flat, true white, some other characteristic? All these will affect how it comes across to the eyes. Some people will be disappointed, some will be delighted.
Edited:

Have to agree the 321 tops the list for me…. But everything listed here is special for sure.

1000019621.jpg

That escalated fast! 😁

(Oh how I wish I had bought one...)

Between the two my personal preference is the Snoopy for its blue and silvery dial. The Alaska is too much white for me. Also, I echo the comments to wait for the new white Speedmaster before deciding.