Dad's Old Seamaster De Ville

My sister recently gave me my Father's old Seamaster De Ville. Already determined the movement was made in 1964, based on the serial number being 21858XXX. The case appears to be made by Ross, as it has "Ross" imprinted on the inside of the case.

Don't have pictures of the movement, but I've attached a picture of the inside of the case. I'm curious as to what the "KL6292" and "662210" mean. I've been told the other "scratched" items are probably repair marks from when it was in for repair in the past. Looks like Dad had it fixed at least in 1979.

TYVM, everybody, for the help!

Am I correct in assuming this watch movement was made in 1964?

Currently, the watch is in the shop, as it was losing quite a bit of time overnight. I plan on wearing this watch as my daily wear. It has a metal band with the Greek letter Omega on the latch.

Correct, the movement is circa 1964. If you show photos of the bracelet, you may get some information about it.

By the way, I think it would be a nice gesture to show some photos of the watch, so we can appreciate it, instead of just showing the inside of the case-back so we can give you the information you want.

Like 1
Correct, the movement is circa 1964. If you show photos of the bracelet, you may get some information about it.
When I get it back from repair, I'll make sure to post it here.

Like 2
Update:

Got it back, but they weren't able to fix it. The owner's daughter recommended another shop to try, as her father is over 80 years old. Nice guy, but she says he's not able to handle things like that anymore.

Here's pics:

ceda217a393bfd7372191ae067993fcf5e75e6ea-1.jpeg f7eac315c1c862ac94925409dc8229ef5ce4f678-2.jpeg f7eac315c1c862ac94925409dc8229ef5ce4f678-1.jpeg

Like 7
I would love to find a table of American case numbers.
I also have a KL6292 front loader with a 550 movement. (Or so my notes say. Now I may need to check it again. The link above gives 560 as a caliber) The notes indicate my movement has a 2889xxxx which would put it at 1969. As far as I know this is what I got 24 to 30 years ago. I never got around to putting it on a strap. I doubt I ever cleaned it either.

These movements are easy to work on. Parts are somewhat avalable (If the USPS ever bothers to deliver them.) Should not be too dificult to find a repair person for it.

If you post your location. Someone might recommend a watchmaker.

Dial index at 9 popped off and inside sitting on the dial. Leave it alone or hands could drag it along the dial and possibly scratch it

Like 2
Where they able to tell you what is actually wrong with the watch?

Quoted member DON
If you post your location. Someone might recommend a watchmaker.

Dial index at 9 popped off and inside sitting on the dial. Leave it alone or hands could drag it along the dial and possibly scratch it
Took it to Westmoreland's Time Shop in Conyers, GA today. I live in Covington. They quoted me $250 for a full service, which includes taking the movement apart, cleaning, putting it back together, and replacing the mainspring. The crystal is NOT an Omega crystal, and they say that might be around $100 their cost just for the crystal.

I'll probably leve the crystal alone, for now, and just get the full service done.

That is a good price for a service. 400$ would be closer to what they need to keep the lights on. That is also close to what the 505 I got on eBay, with donated parts and a 30 year old dial I have will cost me. And I have not even got to the case for it.

If it was not for the liability I would love to have been a watchmaker. So few realize how much insurance and such is needed. I tired repairing watches for friends. They got mad when I replaced the yellowed crystal (what was rusting the hands with a clear one.) You just can not make people happy in this day and age, where the watch needs to look like a scratch free AI computer generate rendering.

I am glad I learned some of how to service 30 years ago. Even then, they wanted 'young' people who do things the 'factory' way then complain when people are not happy with the work. It takes a strong person to put up with that sort of criticism. It is not about the work. It is about running a business.

Anyone with the right mindset will have more work than they can handle. So when one does find someone, expect them to be busy.

Be careful with generic crystals on Devilles They often don’t fit correctly and so the dial isn’t properly secure.