Forums Latest Members

Dablitzer’s Departure From OF

1. JohnSteed Oct 16, 2014

Hold up! On 2nd thought, no pics needed. Trusting your judgement instead ...

:rolleyes:

2. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 16, 2014

Is there a rehab facility to help ex OF's to adjust back into the normal community?

3. marturx Oct 16, 2014

I made as search for Dablitzer in Seller Profiles & Reviews, no hits. As I recall, there were plenty of positive feedbacks for him there before. Were they removed?

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

Yes, all seller feedback has been removed permanently (including some earlier threads with disgruntled buyers that were already hidden at the request of both parties).

Leaving only the positive reviews intact now would've presented a very inaccurate seller profile.

5. Davidt Oct 16, 2014

Hmm, interesting. I'd been speaking to him over the last week or so about potentially buying a straight lug from him.

He seemed like a perfect gent to me, so on the surface this appears harsh. However, I'm sure this decision wasn;t taken lightly and I appreciate that the details should be kept private.

teenagediplomat likes this.
  6. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Oct 16, 2014

It's somewhat of a badge of honor on OF to be banned from WUS. Will it now be a badge of honor on WUS to be banned from OF?

I don't really need to know, just wondering out loud.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

Your company would be infinitesimal in that group

8. Pahawi Oct 16, 2014

+1

9. khmt2 Oct 16, 2014

My query was not to open up a debate or trial, nor to impugn the decision or judgement of the mods - similar to maturx, I had a positive experience dealing with he-who-now-shall-not-be-named and was surprised by this announcement of a ban.

Thanks to the various moderators for shedding further light on the decision.

10. TNTwatch Oct 16, 2014

I'm a bit shocked to learn this has to happen to a long time member. I understand that this is the final decision and there will be no appeal, so I've gone to look for and re-read all the rules on OF and I've only found rules that would remove postings but nothing about revoking a membership. May I ask what were the specific rules that have been violated? If nothing too specific exists yet, should there be something clearer and more visible set out to deal with membership in general?

Regards,

Tony

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

This is not about specific rules. This forum is not going to create a long list of rules and laws. The few we have have served well and sufficiently. There are not going to citations, levels of punishment. Moderators are not going to be forum police. There is nothing members are going to do through ignorance, or even simple stupidity, that is going to get them in bad standing.

Not counting scammers and obvious public offensive behavior (and it takes a lot to be offensive around here), only 2 people ever, have been removed. Even our most cantankerous members are tolerated like your crazy uncle.

12. repoman Oct 16, 2014

I'm an old guy, and one thing I've learned in my life, and tried really hard to get my kids to understand (with mixed success) is: generally speaking, knowing the rules, and following the rules is a really good idea - unless you are in a position to make the rules.

speedbird and MikiJ like this.
  13. TNTwatch Oct 16, 2014

In case of no written rules exist, precedence or convention would be helpful. But precedence or convention would leave a lot of details including privacy information open to the public, so perhaps rules would better help to not leave the large community in the dark. Just thinking out loud.

Jensonslog likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

Perhaps there would be some value in outlining a code of ethics for the FS section, most of it we tend to see as a given, especially with the quality of people we have as members on this site, that people treat each other when buying or selling a watch with the utmost honesty, integrity, respect and the fullest disclosure as it all really stems from those points.

TNTwatch likes this.
  15. bill5959 Oct 16, 2014

I think this is being overly discussed as to the need for rules. I think we all know if we cross a line. Do you trust the moderators or not? Bottom line. Regards. Bill

16. silviogo Oct 16, 2014

I've just buy a Connie from him. Waiting to be service from Paul...it's my first buy experience on forum, and I try read many positive feedback on it, that I've decide to pay on ot. I hope it it will not be the last & worst.

17. silviogo Oct 16, 2014

I've just buy a Connie from him. Waiting to be service from Paul...it's my first buy experience on forum, and before decide I've read so many positive feedback on it, that I've decide to pay on it. I hope it will not be the last & worst.

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

Your point is well understood. But It was decided long ago not go down that path. It is felt that the success of this community is based on a different structure. This is not going to change now. There are forums that go that route and that is fine for them, it is not the model wanted here. There are also forums that ban people for just asking a question or making a mistake based on ignorance, we are asking you to have faith that is not how things work here.

19. M.D. Oct 16, 2014

I agree that this could be helpful. The forum seems to run well without a lot of formal rules, but within the FS section lies greater risk and a code of ethics for both buyers and sellers would add value.

TNTwatch likes this.
  20. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

I will confirm that - listed a book on Watchnet in the wrong section by mistake and banned forever!

What we need to stress here is that it was not an off the cuff decision, it was a long process over many many months and even conversations with mods with the person in question.

Things had not improved as promised so to safe guard members ALL the mods were asked on their thoughts and even asked if there was another way of dealing with it, there wasn't.

Remember that the mods are here for the greater good of the forum just like our members are!