Forums Latest Members

Dablitzer’s Departure From OF

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

Regretfully, the moderation and administration team of Omega Forums has made a unanimous decision to remove the member Dablitzer from our community. We're posting this thread for the sake of transparency, and so you're aware that these types of actions would never be taken lightly.

Due to consistent violations of our sales forum policies and our trust over several years, we believe it's in the best interest of our members that he's no longer participating here.

When money, profit-margins and arbitrage opportunities get in the way, it can ruin the fun and enjoyment of our hobby completely. This site was always intended to be about our shared passion for watches, collecting, learning, enjoyment and having a good time with like minded people.

To protect his privacy, we'd kindly request that you do not mention his real names among this thread.

Etp095, Diabolik and 88cut like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 16, 2014

So be it.

So who will be our new "Nude Watch Photographer"?

Mark020 likes this.
  3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

All potential applicant audition tapes can be submitted directly to ulackfocus for evaluation ;)

Etp095, Diabolik, dougiedude and 3 others like this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 16, 2014

Better Dennis than cicindela.

Who knows what photoshop tricks he'd play with our audition pictures :D

5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 16, 2014

A wee Scotsman can testify yo that :rolleyes:

6. khmt2 Oct 16, 2014

Could u share examples of said violations?

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 16, 2014

Brave man to "volunteer" as a judge for that pageant.

I don't even want to see the winning submission, much less the also rans. ::jumpy::

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

We could but we are not going to get into all of that. This is not going to be a trial or debate. This is out of respect for the privacy of all parties involved

Mark020, Fusion, X350 XJR and 11 others like this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 16, 2014

The term "so be it" that I used indicates to all concerned (ALCON) that a command decision has been made that the matter is closed.

No further inquiry into the matter shall be considered (the word "shall" here, being used as an unambiguous imperative).

I thought this was understood by the first post in this thread.

Obvious hijacking of a tangential nature is of course permitted, as long as it does not pertain to the original subject matter.

10. rhetoric Oct 16, 2014

I'm really shocked by this. I've greatly enjoyed his posts over the years, as well as his wonderful photos. I've had an excellent transaction with him, I'll miss his input.:(. Obviously there are things of which I'm unaware, and I respect the decision of the moderators.

11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

rhetoric - quite a lot will be shocked by this but unfortunately it had to be done. Like Trev said its not something that happens everyday, in fact it's rare a user gets banned off here.

12. ulackfocus Oct 16, 2014

Wouldn't your jaw drop if it turns out one member who applied is a smoking hot woman. :cool:

Fusion and watchme like this.
  13. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 16, 2014

I'm here far to often as it is without hot totty on board ::jumpy::

Fusion, Northernman and Hijak like this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

For a nominal fee, after forum discount, daily deliveries of smooth Bundy can be be arranged fresh from Australia.
    Smooth taste, enhances watch purchase decisions. :thumbsup:

15. Hijak Oct 16, 2014

And this is somewhat unlikely any way. As we're sort of a sausage fest here aren't we...

Fusion likes this.
  16. marturx Oct 16, 2014

I´m shocked by this. Dablitzer was/ is one of the good guys in my book.

I think it would be reasonable if this sentence was elaborated some by Mods, as I haven´t seen any of it:

"consistent violations of our sales forum policies and our trust over several years"

17. JohnSteed Oct 16, 2014

Nice diversion D!

But if no pics, well..... :whistling:

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

As Steve said above, we're not keen for this thread to turn into a trial or debate. It's been a very long and frustrating road that's finally brought everyone to this point. There have been countless opportunities, but at the end of it we were left with no other option.

19. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Oct 16, 2014

So let it be written, so let it be done.

andyg likes this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

You may assume that violations are real and not always seen publicly or with all persons. Details will not be elaborated, as stated there are privacy issues. I will elaborate only on the decision. This was done after detailed and exhaustive discussions with all Mods, over a period of time, and in consideration of all alternatives. It was done with the membership in mind, not the forum itself. This was not an easy decision to make, but in the end, it was the clear decision.