Forums Latest Members

Cut some slack or alarm bells ringing

1. Jonathan40 Dec 17, 2020

So current watch for sale in the watches for sale section. Has been offered for over 18 months. Advertised price or best offer. I have a think and look at the photos again and again. Ask for some additional photos and read about the guy as much as I can then decide I will make an offer that was within 8% of asking price.

I then get a response offering it to me for 17% above the listed price and re-read the email to understand a 1171 Bracelet with 633 end links has been added to the deal I am now confused. Question the price but am repeatedly told this is a good deal and reminded another member reports the seller as a good guy. The listing which is still active has not been updated to include the bracelet despite him telling me it had in subsequent emails. When I responded in the final email exchange I made the point that the listing I enquired about was head only with best offer and I didn’t understand the price change.

This deal is obviously now dead and I’m not surprised it’s been for sale for over 15 months with very strange antics going on.

Stay safe everyone and do your homework before parting with your hard earned cash.

2. NT931 Dec 17, 2020

Enough alarm bells for me to walk away.

3. Capt Cave Man Dec 17, 2020

I'm assuming this is the advert that was last updated on 30 November?

If so your correct. It still states watch head and leather strap only and although a bracelet is shown in some of the photo's there is no mention of an option to purchase it.

Jonathan40 likes this.
  4. Dan S Dec 17, 2020

Just remember, regardless of what some people say, you're actually buying the watch not the seller. So if you like the watch and can negotiate a good price, there's no reason to walk away. On the other hand, if communication is a problem, that can be a red flag.