Crown for 168.005

Posts
277
Likes
1,385
Hello all,

I have been offered a very nice 168.005. Unfortunately, it has the wrong crown. Can you tell me if it is difficult to find a suitable crown and what it costs?

Thank you, Andreas
 
Posts
277
Likes
1,385
PS: here are 2 pics from the watch. I think a bit polished but not too much - what you think?

 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,074
I would like to see better photos, but at first glance the polishing seems pretty severe.
 
Posts
277
Likes
1,385
Ok, thanks for the offer. I try to get some more pics!

Best, Andreas
 
Posts
498
Likes
410
Pretty polished to me. I’d wait for a better one. What’s the price? A correct crown is around $180.
 
Posts
277
Likes
1,385
I can make a offer, its from a colleague who inherited some watches from his father.
 
Posts
322
Likes
163
Would probably go if it was a solid gold one, but considering SS metal is much harder, polishing has apparently been quite severe on that one: edges are really rounded up if you compare with what it once was -

IMO nice mirror looking lugs may be attractive : less scratches, dings etc... give the impression that the watch case is in good shape, but I'm first to try to stay cool, and try to concentrate on checking for sharp edges, and trying not to give too much importance to superficial scratches : not a easy task, especially when pictures are not HR ; but I guess it's part of the hunt !
 
Posts
277
Likes
1,385
Thank you for your feedback. I did not buy the watch and am waiting for one in better condition. 😀

Best, Andreas