Forums Latest Members

Could Any Breitling Fans Help Me ID This Watch?

1. silverfighter Nov 2, 2021

Hi guys,

I’ve begun collecting vintage Swiss watches and recently purchased my first Omega Connie! Since then I've set my sights on purchasing my first vintage chronograph! For this purpose I have found myself increasingly drawn to Breitling, though as it currently stands my knowledge of the brand remains fairly limited.

Earlier this week I landed in Europe and went to have a look around some of the antiques dealers near where I’m staying. As it happened I came across a few vintage watch dealers, and found the below pictured Breitling on sale for 800 euro (c. $930 USD).

Given I am somewhat inexperience in Breitling watches - I was hoping you might allow me tap the incredible wisdom of this forum for a few initial questions I am looking for help with:

1. Would anyone be able to identify the model of the pictured watch? Any assistance on this would be hugely helpful as I could then do some of my own research and try to determine the authenticity when I next visit the shop for a closer look.

2. When I do go back to the dealer for a closer look - do you have any suggestions or guidance for what I need to look out for in this particular model?

3. I know I have only been able to provide a very basic picture of the watch (I was not able to get a look at the movement or ask about the service history), but on a purely surface / cosmetic level - are there any red flags with this watch eg. any evidence of it being a franken watch? I am slightly suspicious of what seems like a very attractive price point.

I hugely appreciate any input or guidance you could give me.

Thanks.

tempImageyRfsTh.png

2. amfalconer Nov 2, 2021

Looks like it's a 90's Chronomat, not really very much more to determine based on that photo, only similar one I can find has a date complication and the subdial at 12, 6 and 9.

Hard to tell condition wide but seems some of the paint is missing from the bezel, but this is the case on a lot of there.

Not an expert on these things, but do your due diligence, see if you can get a timegrapher report, do you know if it has any service history, documents or box?

3. Radiumpassion Nov 4, 2021

4. amfalconer Nov 4, 2021

I stand corrected, interesting bit of reading there.