Correct Period Piece Box for a Year 2000 (Update 1997) Omega Speedmaster Professional?

I never believed those old flaking Omega boxes to be real leather but "pleather." But my question today isn't really about that. I bought a year 2000 Omega Speedmaster Professional for a great price with no box and papers, and want to buy a correct period piece box for my watch. Can anyone here verify which box exactly came with my watch of that year/era? Was it one of the red leather ones, or was it black leather? Any help would be much appreciated.

Assuming it is the std Moonwatch and not one of the million LE versions, at that age it will be a 3570.50 and will indeed have come with the red box but the earlier slightly smaller version seen from circa 1995-2003 or so. A larger red box was introduced circa 2004/5 when the bigger instruction book started to be included, prior to that the white card outer box is noticeably smaller than the later version used up until the suitcase was introduced.

Without papers, how are you certain it is from year 2000? What is the serial number?
Edited:

Do you have a reference number at hand?

How do I find the reference number?
I have the eight digit serial number that starts with 77XXXXXX
I never opened up the caseback to see what is written in there, but the shop I bought it from gave it a number that reads 3590.50 [ST145-022].

How do I find the reference number?
I have the eight digit serial number that starts with 77XXXXXX
I never opened up the caseback to see what is written in there, but the shop I bought it from gave it a number that reads 3590.50 [ST145-022].

I am afraid the shop was likely in error. The 3590.50 was discontinued around 1996 to be replaced by the 3570.50. No 3590 will have a 77m serial, more likely 48-49m. If as I suspect (from the serial) the lume on your watch is Superluminova then it can't be a 3590.50

I need the next 2 digits really but I think your watch is no older than 2002 and could be (much) younger still.

A photo would help a lot here, but you really need to get the year established before you go chasing a box.
Edited:

I am afraid the shop was likely in error. The 3590.50 was discontinued around 1996 to be replaced by the 3570.50. No 3590 will have a 77m serial, more likely 48-49m. If as I suspect (from the serial) the lume on your watch is Superluminova then it can't be a 3590.50

I need the next 2 digits really but I think your watch is no older than 2002 and could be (much) younger still.

A photo would help a lot here, but you really need to get the year established before you go chasing a box.

The shop said they believe it was 3590.50 but wasn't sure since it had no warranty card. I believe it is from 2000 from running a serial check online.

Serial 77136XXX and it looks like superluminova to me. Hour markers are pretty whitish.

All the online serial age resources are full of holes and errors, save one (ilovemyspeedmaster.com) which uses real confirmed extract data but that doesn't go beyond 1999 so wont help you here. Speedy serials jumped from 48m to 77m circa 2001-2 and stayed in the 77-79m range until around 2020.

From my own observations of confirmed serials, my estimate of the age of your watch is circa 2004 +/- a year. Which means you possibly need the bigger box.

If the lack of papers and certainly bothers you, Omega will issue and Extract of the Archives for a watch of that age now. It costs just over a ton, so isn't cheap but will give you papers of a sort.
Edited:

All the online serial age resources are full of holes and errors, save one (ilovemyspeedmaster.com) which uses real confirmed extract data but that doesn't go beyond 1999 so wont help you here. Speedy serials jumped from 44m to 77m circa 2001-2 and stayed in the 77-79m range until around 2020.

From my own observations of confirmed serials, my estimate of the age of your watch is circa 2004 +/- a year. Which means you possibly need the bigger box.

I used the site https://serial-number-decoder.com/omega/omega.htm
They no good?

Hi, sorry to include in this post also my S/N which is 7776XXXX. I bought as new in 2011 and I have a small red box. The site https://serial-number-decoder.com/omega/omega.htm says that my S/N is from year 2000. This means essentially that if this site is correct, my watch stayed somewhere sitting for 11 years. Is this normal?
Apart from this, the extract from Omega will cost as much as a kidney. Is there a way just to obtain this info with a better level of approximation?

Edit: same-minute writing of answer. I'll read above.
Edit: ok, so the site is not good. Nice to know.

Hi, sorry to include in this post also my S/N which is 7776XXXX. I bought as new in 2011 and I have a small red box. The site https://serial-number-decoder.com/omega/omega.htm says that my S/N is from year 2000. This means essentially that if this site is correct, my watch stayed somewhere sitting for 11 years. Is this normal?
Apart from this, the extract from Omega will cost as much as a kidney. Is there a way just to obtain this info with a better level of approximation?
What you are calling the small red box is probably the larger later red box. Do you have an inch thick instruction book?

Note that website calls everything after 77m year 2000...

Edit: same-minute writing of answer. I'll read above.

How much does the kidney level extract cost roughly? Someone else mentioned that to me before without mentioning how much I might be expected to pay for one. I'm quite curious. Would the overhaul I get in five years time reveal all this information? Dying to know now. Otherwise it means I'll be living with a mystery watch for the longest.

How much does the kidney level extract cost roughly? Someone else mentioned that to me before without mentioning how much I might be expected to pay for one. I'm quite curious. Would the overhaul I get in five years time reveal all this information? Dying to know now. Otherwise it means I'll be living with a mystery watch for the longest.

The Omega site writes 120 CHF, tax excluded.

The Omega site writes 120 CHF, tax excluded.

Whew! $130 USD. I'll think about it for a Christmas present to myself. I'm going to have to sleep on that for a couple of days, weeks, months.

Whew! $130 USD. I'll think about it for a Christmas present to myself. I'm going to have to sleep on that for a couple of days, weeks, months.

Keep in mind that the site in my language says that the extract is not available for US customers, just in case.

It is expensive, but if you go to sell the watch, it might make it slightly more attractive considering the lack of original papers.

Also note that there is a small risk with an extract request. If the movement has been replaced and it does not match the case reference, you will not get a refund and will not get an extract. However, that is relatively unlikely with a more recent watch. This is more of an issue with older vintage watches.

Keep in mind that the site in my language says that the extract is not available for US customers, just in case.

I read somewhere on the forum that you can still email them and request an extract. I can't recall if there was a specific reason why they are not available on the website to US customers.

I know I shared this before, but it might be useful?

Maria Mastrodonato said:
We inform you that your watch - serial number 77'005'279 - reference
3594.50.00 - was manufactured and delivered to our Agents in Hong Kong on
August 24, 1999.

It had the smaller red "leather" box in a cube shape.