Correct BOR bracelet and endlinks for this Constellation

Hi again, everyone--I thought I would do this on a separate thread.

I think I would like to seek out an Omega BOR bracelet and endlinks that would be appropriate for this watch.

I'm hoping that some of you can help me be sure I know what to look for! (and maybe where to look for one!)

Thank you!
~Chris

A 5-row BoR is what you're after, 1502 with 11 endlinks is the period-correct choice (or the earliest, unstamped sliding-clasp examples, which are hard to find, though). All the later incarnations of the bracelet (1036, 3010, 8220) and the corresponding endlinks (511) are visually basically identical, though, and would work, too. They're easy to find, pop up in the classifieds here regularly, and they're also all over eBay. Depending on the condition and the length you need, roughly 200-250$ should buy you one.

A 5-row BoR is what you're after, 1502 with 11 endlinks is the period-correct choice (or the earliest, unstamped sliding-clasp examples, which are hard to find, though). All the later incarnations of the bracelet (1036, 3010, 8220) and the corresponding endlinks (511) are visually basically identical, though, and would work, too. They're easy to find, pop up in the classifieds here regularly, and they're also all over eBay. Depending on the condition and the length you need, roughly 200-250$ should buy you one.

Thank you, MtV--that's super helpful! Now I feel like I know what I'm looking for!
Chris

Hi again, MtV! after rereading your post, I realized there are a couple of things I should ask about!

If I understand correctly, the more available bracelets I should look for are 1036, 3010, or 8220--and these are stamped on the clasp?

And, likewise, 511 endlinks would work for all three of these bracelets and for the watch?

How can I know if the endlinks are indeed 511s?

Thanks so much!
Chris

It's up to you if you feel the need of having a period-correct BoR when the only real visual difference is the number stamped on the inside of the clasp. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't judge you for it. Certainly not a level of pettiness that's unheard of around here, and I'm including myself 😁

How do you identify 11 or 511 endlinks? Well, it says "11" or "511" on the back - mostly, anyway.

Bottom line is: Any 5-row BoR would work. The numbers arent always stamped on the clasp or the endlinks, examples without any reference are also well-known, which might be confusing, but that's only a very small percentage of them. If you want to be on the safe side, maybe just sit back and check the classifieds here every now and then? I doubt a month goes by without anyone offering one of them tbh. Or you could approach @No Mercy in a PM - if I'm not mistaken he always has some available.

It's up to you if you feel the need of having a period-correct BoR when the only real visual difference is the number stamped on the inside of the clasp. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't judge you for it. Certainly not a level of pettiness that's unheard of around here, and I'm including myself 😁

How do you identify 11 or 511 endlinks? Well, it says "11" or "511" on the back - mostly, anyway.

Bottom line is: Any 5-row BoR would work. The numbers arent always stamped on the clasp or the endlinks, examples without any reference are also well-known, which might be confusing, but that's only a very small percentage of them. If you want to be on the safe side, maybe just sit back and check the classifieds here every now and then? I doubt a month goes by without anyone offering one of them tbh. Or you could approach @No Mercy in a PM - if I'm not mistaken he always has some available.

Thanks so much! At my (early) stage of enjoying vintage Omegas, I don't think I feel a great need to be period correct! 😀

And it sounds like most of the bracelets / endlinks that I might be looking for are stamped: that makes it easier for a newbie.

Thanks again!

No worries. Here’s an example. Not a Constellation, obviously, but it’ll do to show you how the marks on an endlink look like:

18961FD1-64D1-4620-80E4-C821AC2FE031.jpeg

Just to point out, many 5 row Beads of Rice bracelets aren’t stamped but are the exact same as the 1502.

There are also fake BOR bracelets but these tend to be the 7 row.

You can always ask here for advise prior to purchasing.

Hi again, everyone--I thought I would do this on a separate thread.
I think I would like to seek out an Omega BOR bracelet and endlinks that would be appropriate for this watch.
I'm hoping that some of you can help me be sure I know what to look for! (and maybe where to look for one!)
Thank you!
~Chris
Gorgeous watch. DIBS!

No worries. Here’s an example. Not a Constellation, obviously, but it’ll do to show you how the marks on an endlink look like:

18961FD1-64D1-4620-80E4-C821AC2FE031.jpeg
OK, I see!

That helps a lot! thank you once again! 😀