Forums Latest Members
  1. cjoedaniel Aug 13, 2019

I've had the new Seamaster 8800 for about 6 months now and haven't let it lose any power. I've worn it almost every day.

So I was wondering, what is the longest time you've had your watch running?

Also any pros and cons for not allowing the watch to power down? Will I hit that servicing point significantly sooner than the recommend interval?

I was hoping to get a solid 5 yrs of daily use before servicing.

2. italy1861 Aug 13, 2019

If you enjoy the watch that much then wear it by all means! Yes, the watch will need a service sooner if you run run/wear it continuously but, that’s how it was intended to be used so I wouldn’t worry about it. It should be fine for 5 years, not sure about the WR so you might want to have it pressure checked after a few years to make sure it’s good to go in the water.

3. KAP Aug 13, 2019

Folks commonly use winders for the convenience of keeping watches powered, especially those with the date function.

Only issue with keeping the watch wound up day after day and year after year is movement parts wear out faster. No big deal for new watches with Omega replacement parts readily available.

4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Aug 13, 2019

Go for it. Report back to us in 2024.

Edited Aug 13, 2019
    FRS likes this.
  5. mr_smith Aug 13, 2019

That's a good question and I wonder now - I never tracked it. I wore my Seamaster Professional (1120 cal.) to work almost daily for the last 5 years but I know there were a few times it powered down in there (long weekends, etc.). These days I switch it up more often, maybe weekly, and I don't keep them on winders so when I switch out, the prior one worn will power down.

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 13, 2019

It's a time machine as well? :D

7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Aug 13, 2019

LOL! I screwed that up :thumbsup:

8. cjoedaniel Aug 13, 2019

I do enjoy the watch so much dare I say I may have become a one watch guy?!! I haven't really worn any of my other autos..
    Recently did some wave boarding and surfing with it and will take it camping this weekend... Haven't run or cycled with it yet. All on a NATO of course...That bracelet clasp scratches too easily.
    Here's the obligatory pic for the thread..
    IMG_20190810_151349.jpg

jklim, dekevain, KeithS and 3 others like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2019

Watches are meant to be worn continuously, so not a problem.

10. kelsey Aug 13, 2019

My daily’s manual, I wear it most days even on the odd day I don’t wear it I still wind it.