Constellation, real or fake

Hi, my dad was given this watch by somebody he worked for about 40 years ago. I have tried to find a similar one online but can't find one with numbers as hour markers which leads me to thinking it's a fake. Can anyone advise, thanks.

The numbers may be unusual but they were used on many British cased Omegas. I have no reason to doubt that this is a genuine item.

It appears to be a solid gold case, are there any hallmarks on the case that could help with identification?

There's a hallmark on the bottom right lug of the case rear side . I believe it's genuine. Buy a tool off Amazon and carefully remove the back cover. If it's sold gold which I believe it is. it'll scratch very easily as it very soft. They'll be a case number on the back cover. Serial number on the movement and a 3 digit movement number which you search and it'll give you all the information you need.

There's a hallmark on the bottom right lug of the case rear side . I believe it's genuine. Buy a tool off Amazon and carefully remove the back cover. If it's sold gold which I believe it is. it'll scratch very easily as it very soft. They'll be a case number on the back cover. Serial number on the movement and a 3 digit movement number which you search and it'll give you all the information you need.
Or get a watchmaker to open it up !

Or get a watchmaker to open it up !
Yes or depends how capable, it's not difficult to remove tho

Yes or depends how capable, it's not difficult to remove tho
Yea, just wanted to highlight that second option
Edited:

The buckle of your watch also looks like an original UK-manufactured model. I am guessing it bears hallmarks for 9k gold on the back.

The buckle of your watch also looks like an original UK-manufactured model. I am guessing it bears hallmarks for 9k gold on the back.
I can't see a hallmark anywhere, the buckle has M W F stamped on the inside.

Agree it looks a genuine UK model. Was your dad gifted it in the UK?

didn't spot that, even with a magnifying glass!! Thanks.
That'll be the hallmark for the case you'll have another for the back cover on the inside

Agree it looks a genuine UK model. Was your dad gifted it in the UK?

Yes, he used to do a blokes garden and when he moved he gave it to dad. I sent a photo to a watch company and they have said they would pay between £1150 and £1650 for it depending on the level of work required. We were pleasantly surprised.

Swiss cases of this style would usually have hallmarks on two lugs of the case.
Due to the flat bezel I’m going to speculate that the case may also be English. ( with worn down stars)

The case is a little polished but still quite nice.
The dial has some spotting to the lacquer which is not unusual.

In really good nick this would be a £3000 watch.

In current condition - If you want to sell privately ( like eBay) you might achieve £2000 (or more on a good day)
The watch company are looking at servicing costs overheads and making a profit but are taking the piss at £1150.

If you don’t really need the money, keep the watch - it’s quite special and rather lovely.

Due to the flat bezel I’m going to speculate that the case may also be English. ( with worn down stars)

In current condition - If you want to sell privately ( like eBay) you might achieve £2000 (or more on a good day)
The watch company are looking at servicing costs overheads and making a profit but are taking the piss at £1150.

If you don’t really need the money, keep the watch - it’s quite special and rather lovely.

Thanks very much for your knowledge, we'll have a think. My dad passed away 23 years ago and after wearing it for a while it's been sat in a box. I would love to keep it but my sisters could really use the money.