Constellation - help

Hi guys,

Im Jake and I’m new to the forum and have recently found an interest in vintage watches, specifically constellations.
I’m having some difficulty choosing and don’t wanna get caught in the purchase of a frankenwatch or a fake. I have included 3 potential purchases that I would really like some help with. (Sorry if it’s long)

Watch 1 - image 1-4

Watch 2 - image 5-8

Watch 3 - image 9-14

Thankyou for your time!

Listing prices would help. First two look like Closer watches and a bit rough. Second watch looks like it desperately needs a new crystal. Third watch the movement looks really tired and has an incorrect crown but probably the sharpest case. All would need a service immediately but that’s par for the course. Keep hunting.

Oh and welcome to the forum Jake! Best of luck in your hunt for a nice C-case!

I agree. I was looking through them trying to find one to recommend, but I couldn't.
Listing prices would help. First two look like Closer watches and a bit rough. Second watch looks like it desperately needs a new crystal. Third watch the movement looks really tired and has an incorrect crown but probably the sharpest case. All would need a service immediately but that’s par for the course. Keep hunting.

Sorry about that,

They’re all relatively low, which explains it based on the responses from you guys but here it is:

#1 - $600 CAD
#2 - $750 CAD
#3 - $1200 CAD

Appreciate it!

#1 - $600 CAD
#2 - $750 CAD
#3 - $1200 CAD

I'd say the first one is alright for the price, especially if the seller will take a lower offer.

I'd say the first one is alright for the price, especially if the seller will take a lower offer.

I agree. I think that one of the first things about getting into watches is that you can wear them without having to worry and, on that basis, a $600 watch can be worn and enjoyed.

You can always buy a ‘safe queen’ for Sundays and high days once you know that you like the model/style.

Really? Rust on the regulator and missing the swans neck, not to mention the severe rubbing on the rotor...

Closer is 2nd grade from lowest in Japan hierarchy, lowest being a seller called "aonahappa" - I'm surprised even their 2nd lowest grade watches have been this good lately

2 years ago all closer watches had significant issues

Last watch isn't that bad and it's a very desired model, at a quick glance, you only need a crown which is still available: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Wate...pid=5338899135&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

20% of C-Case's have that much pitting, it's a hit or miss, sometimes a watch looks pristine but the pitting is inside the crystal ring area, can only be seen once the crystal is removed, on this watch it's on the caseback area, up to you to decide whether you like it or not

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.