Constellation cal 562 -are there any out there?

Posts
13,629
Likes
18,979
so, it's possible the rest of the movt could be the elusive chronometer rated cal 562.
I have never seen a chronometer rated Cal. 562 movement. To convince me of its existence, I would need to see a COSC certificate (which was supplied with Constellations in those days) that mentions Cal. 562.
Still have that 564 what would go real nice in that case ...
That is a very nice gesture, but unfortunately, I believe the dial to be fake as well.

I would not put any money into this watch.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3
Likes
1
Wow! I really appreciate the quick replies!
The seller did disclose the dial might be repainted but could not confirm. I could tell the movement was a bit off, but the dial checked all my boxes. What else stands out there besides the added “T’s” at 6 o clock?
To add to the plot, the ref on the caseback is 14900
 
Posts
6,780
Likes
10,435
I have never seen a chronometer rated Cal. 562 movement. To convince me of its existence, I would need to see a COSC certificate (which was supplied with Constellations in those days) that mentions Cal. 562.

I 100% agree about the only way that I’d be totally convinced about a 562 being chronometer rated is to see verifiable written evidence.
But it would be nice if one did show up.
And terrible if this was one but butchered and in a watch like this one.

But I’ll not be holding my breath as it has been 11 years since I started the thread and a chronometer rated 562 hasn’t shown up yet!
 
Posts
6,780
Likes
10,435
Wow! I really appreciate the quick replies!
The seller did disclose the dial might be repainted but could not confirm. I could tell the movement was a bit off, but the dial checked all my boxes. What else stands out there besides the added “T’s” at 6 o clock?
To add to the plot, the ref on the caseback is 14900

14900 is a no date dogleg - the most faked case there is.
The font is all wrong on the dial - not just the Ts.
The indices don’t look right either.
 
Posts
242
Likes
701
The font is all wrong on the dial - not just the Ts.
They even forgot the dot over the 'i' in 'Constellation'
 
Posts
6,780
Likes
10,435
Wow! I really appreciate the quick replies!
The seller did disclose the dial might be repainted but could not confirm. I could tell the movement was a bit off, but the dial checked all my boxes. What else stands out there besides the added “T’s” at 6 o clock?
To add to the plot, the ref on the caseback is 14900
you might find this link on fake constellations, from Desmond's site, useful.
Note that, although your example is black, the lettering closely resembles the one in Desmond's essay.

https://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2008/05/counterfeit-stainless-steel.html

It would also be worthwhile studying the essays on correct constellation dials from the same site.
 
Posts
3
Likes
1
thank you all so much! I’ll do my homework and keep digging.
A steel black pie pan with crosshair Constellation is my grail piece, so I want to be as careful as possible to ensure I’m getting what I pay for
 
Posts
6,780
Likes
10,435
thank you all so much! I’ll do my homework and keep digging.
A steel black pie pan with crosshair Constellation is my grail piece, so I want to be as careful as possible to ensure I’m getting what I pay for
Unfortunately, you and everyone else - and black dialled Constellations (or black dialled Omegas generally) are a minefield for the experienced, never mind the uninitiated.
The majority that pop up for sale are redials - so be very, very careful.

Do dig into Desmond's blog - especially the section on dials - the knowledge will serve you well in the long run.

I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that you want a black, cross hair pie pan with a dogleg case - and if you do find a correct one in good condition, then you will have to have deep pockets as they have skyrocketed in recent months as they are very much the 'mode du jour''.