Forums Latest Members
  1. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 18, 2019

The dial may be an Omega dial but certainly not a Constellation, the indices are too thin.
    The font looks the correct style but not correct - no serifs and too many blotchy bits.
    No SWISS MADE at bottom of dial.
    The star is incorrect.
    The indices are yellow gold as is the second sweep hand but the hour/minute hands are pink.
    I think the case is meant to be pink but this wouldn’t match the yellow indices or yellow medallion.
    The crown is incorrect.

The case back may be an adapted genuine Seamaster but it could equally be fake.
    The perlaging looks like the fake Connie casebacks you see.
    The medallion is much too crude to be correct and you can see where it has been crimped into the caseback.
    The lugs are the wrong proportion and badly fixed to the case.
    The mid- case doesn’t have the correct profile for a Connie.
    The movement is a bit of a mishmash, it’s in poor condition and whilst dating from around 1962-ish, it has a rotor from late ‘60s / early 70s (this in itself isn’t a real issue but on top of everything else it adds up)

Sorry to be so negative but I hope this helps with your future hunting.

C0A35EDA-2C0C-41EA-89A7-B2DDDC0F4207.png
    24735A2A-7F9A-4C2E-AC39-D2F9E02FC4E7.png
    68DBB89D-29C3-4E6E-9CB3-6C5AB345B94E.jpeg

Noddyman likes this.
  2. Noddyman Sep 18, 2019

It looks like there's been some tomfoolery with the movement calibre no.. Dremel?
    1.jpg

3. Ocean Sep 18, 2019

Thank you very much for the details but I do not understand why someone will work a lot to fake a vintage watch..which dose not worth a fortune ??

It is true that the hand (hour/minutes) are pink but also match with the gold plated from the case which is a little pink.
    Could you explain why the star it is not good?
    I do not have the knowledge to desasamble the watch but I seen many times the (Swiss made) on the dial written below the edge..
    Yes the crown it is not the ten shape model..

In conclusion I have a lot to learn but beats me why someone will take a dial from other Omega watch, repaint it..to take a case back from other Omega and to modify and to apply an Omega Constellation logo ( which means from my knowledge means Omega Choronometer certificated).

For me the case back was the question because the engravings from inside looks ok to me and never thought that someone will take a golden logo to apply on the case back..from my knowledge the logo has to be solid gold?..I think I will check that..:)

Anyway thank you very much for your opinion and I will continue hunting..:)

4. Noddyman Sep 18, 2019

The star looks homemade when compared with genuine examples.

Regardless whether Swiss Made exists or not it's somewhat irrelevant because the dial has been redone.

The medallion is fake so unlikely to be solid gold.

People go to extraordinary lengths to create these Franken watches.

Not much good news here I am afraid, sorry!

chronos and Peemacgee like this.
  5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 18, 2019

There are many many fake Constellations out there and the majority are the dogleg version.
    Often housing a Seamaster movement (which are more plentiful and cheaper to find)
    It is real shame that you’ve bought a pup but I’m afraid that is what it is.
    However, it doesn’t mean you can’t wear it like a Connie - it just isn’t worth what you thought it was when you bought it.
    BTW this is what the star and writing should look like.
    343B127E-3C3E-4CBB-802F-F36616FC2F4D.png

6. Ocean Sep 19, 2019

I seen the difference but I looked at more pictures on Internet and the other type of star it is also very present on omega constellation dials.

Anyway as an update I went to a jeweller to check if the golden logo on the back it is solid gold or gold plated or other metal and the conclusion was that it is Solid gold. So someone invest some time to change this case back.. :)..or maybe it is real..:)

Thank you for learning on this forum..

ahsposo likes this.
  7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 19, 2019

I realise that you must be disappointed but the star on your watch has never appeared on a genuine Constellation dial unless the original one fell off and was replaced with a very bad copy.
    It is possible that the medallion on your watch is gold but it is definitely not an original medallion as it is also a very bad copy.

Constellations generally follow a few strict guidelines.
    Try to study these and you will soon get the hang of spotting nefarious variations.

chronos likes this.
  8. Maskelyne Oct 20, 2019

9. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 20, 2019

10. Maskelyne Oct 20, 2019

I say that the seller snow7_24 selling on e-bay is the same person as Ocean posting questions above.

11. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 20, 2019

Oops
    Distracted by the rugby - hadn’t put the two (same) watches together.

12. Maskelyne Oct 20, 2019

Pictures of the same watch which is now for sale...
    Omega-fraud.jpg

KingCrouchy likes this.