Forums Latest Members
  1. Edward53 Nov 21, 2019

Not bidding on this as it's a near-duplicate of something I've got, but I'm interested to know what other members think. This is the third time I've seen it listed and my sole reservation is the Swiss Made, which has a dash on either side of the legend that I haven't seen before. If the dial has been redone it is amazingly good, and if it is original I'm surprised it hasn't sold as this is a very desirable beast and the price though high-ish is not ludicrous.

I think all is 100% but we all know how tricky this game is. Opinions, anyone? (I have no connection with nor do I know the identity of the seller)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-EARLY-OMEGA-PIE-PAN-CONSTELLATION-Circa-1956-57-CAL-505-Good-Condition/333405472769?hash=item4da083c801:g:6uYAAOSw9iNd1YHH&LH_Auction=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Noddyman Nov 21, 2019

I noticed this one and came to the conclusion it’s not right so refrained from adding it to my watch list.
    It’s a minor detail which would always niggle me, however most folks wouldn’t give a monkey’s.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 21, 2019

For reference this one in 18k rose gold

[​IMG]

4. Edward53 Nov 21, 2019

The C in Automatic and the second O in Chronometre are similarly enlarged in both examples. The first N in Constellation isn't quite the same as MSN's but otherwise the texts are identical, and I could believe the difference might be due to either different dial makers or different ways the printing has taken on the embossed surface. I could even believe the dashes either side of Swiss Made are a legit variant if I'd seen this elsewhere. It's a pity as this could be a really nice watch for someone and I think it might actually be ok, but unresolved doubts never go away and collectors can't live with speculative pieces.

Noddyman likes this.
  5. Petervl Nov 22, 2019

Would be interesting to hear more comments about the dial in question by members who know more about these.

6. cristos71 Nov 22, 2019

I was looking at it too when first listed and my initial thoughts were that the dial print is correct and original except for the Swiss Made which seems a bit off in a number of regards: size, font and the additional stripes to either side.

If I was to speculate then it could be that that area of the dial has perhaps been reprinted, but that seems to me like a lot of work for not much result especially when considering the rest of the dial doesn't appear to have been partially cleaned or show any further signs of damage.

Anyway it was enough to put me off bidding.

Peemacgee likes this.
  7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Nov 22, 2019

These were my thoughts too.
    Never seen another Connie with (only) bars either side of the Swiss Made.
    Signs of tarnishing in the movement perhaps hints at moisture ingress.

8. krillan50 Nov 22, 2019

Isn't the lumen in the hands a later replacement too? I looks too new for the watch. With that said I actually do like the watch and the issues dosen't bother me that much so maybe they will accept a fair offer:) If you should/could find a better piece (collectors standard) wouldn't we be around 2000-3000€?