Constellation 168.005 - opinions?

Posts
20
Likes
3
Seller wants 1600$ for this watch. I known that the crown isn't original. However, I'm not too sure about the dial? I suspect a redial since the star is slightly off center in relation to the word "Constellation." Also, does the case seem polished? Sorry for the images -- I know they're not the very best for supplementing this type of question. Help is appreciated!
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,739
Dial looks ok, case has been polished some although it is difficult to tell polish from blurred photo. The crown is wrong for sure.
The star looks ok too.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
Dial looks ok, case has been polished some although it is difficult to tell polish from blurred photo. The crown is wrong for sure.
The star looks ok too.
Agreed, although hard to tell for sure without better photos. Unfortunately, most dog leg Constellations have been polished and the lugs are the first victim. Unpolished dog leg lugs look like this:

Are there any photos of the movement? Do you know when the watch was last serviced? Are there any service records?
 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
There are various examples where the star has rotated slightly, that’s a known (but legit) issue