Constellation 168.005 - help with authenticity check

Hi all,

Need some help with this Connie - case seems to be polished and slight patina on the dial (which does not really bother me). In my view, the dial looks legit (also tried to do the MOY test to the extent my experience allows me to).
Do you see any major flaws? In particular the movement seems to have particles in different colors.

Thanks for your help - appreciated!

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Looks ok, maybe polished a bit too much. Sharp gold capped are hard to come by. The rotor is discoloured, no biggie.
Rest looks original.
Dial patina is acceptable for me, YMMV.
it comes down to price.

Like 2
Looks ok, maybe polished a bit too much. Sharp gold capped are hard to come by. The rotor is discoloured, no biggie.
Rest looks original.
Dial patina is acceptable for me, YMMV.
it comes down to price.

I lost this one unfortunately. It was sold for USD 879.
Was that a reasonable price in your view?
Still trying to develop a feeling on pricing and bidding.

Searching SOLD listings for similar watches on eBay is a good way to check/follow the market.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=omega+168.005&LH_TitleDesc=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_sop=15
Yes, I learned that trick from the forum, but I was able to same model in gold case or same model, but worse condition. So, hard to get a feeling only by looking at previous sales.
I am generally trying to do research on my own before posting here for sanity check or further advice.

Just with Connies I am still not well oriented as the price may vary in great amplitude. And based on what I have seen so far as listings and offers, a Connie in decent condition below USD 900 seems to me as a good deal. But maybe you guys have different views.

Anyway, thanks for your help and advices so far! I feel like I have learned a lot in the past few weeks just by reading stuff in the forum.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.