Forums Latest Members
  1. martinc Nov 6, 2020

Hello, dear OF members and UG experts in particular.
    I have recently come across a little strange Compur on eBay. It has been sold a few weeks ago and now has resurfaced with better photos and better description.
    Looking at the watch, I was in agreement with the seller, who declares that "these curved fixed lugs were added a long time ago and appear to have been done fairly well, I'd have to imagine that original lugs perhaps broke off and these were the solution".
    It´s fairly obvious that the lower lugs were repaired and resoldered not too nicely... for the rest it´s a clean job, but still very unusual for UG, so I thought they cannot be original....
    ...until... I came across another Compur with exactly the same lugs, this time on Chrono 24.

What do you think?
    Pictures and links follow:

Example no. 1
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-19...-Chronograph-Watch-ORIGINAL-Dial/124422896649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    (last photo is from the earlier eBay offer, but it is the same watch)
    Compur_wire_01.jpg Compur_wire_03.jpg Compur_wire_04.jpg

Example no. 2
    https://www.chrono24.com/universalgenve/pre-compur--id17084075.htm
    Compur_wire_05.jpg Compur_wire_06.jpg
    P.S. I am not the seller and I am not buying any of the watches either... I just have never seen this type of lugs before and it´s strange seeing 2 within just a few days.

Thanks,
    Martin

Edited Nov 6, 2020
  2. jumpingsecond Nov 6, 2020

I think the cases are legit- Ebay one was fixed up and the C24 one seems fine.
    UG had a spectacular array of case configurations in this era and throughout their history.

martinc likes this.
  3. bgrisso Nov 6, 2020

I would assume it’s fine, I believe I have seen them before

rolokr likes this.
  4. _awatchsnob_ Dec 26, 2020

I would say they are correct and with factory provenance

5. Lucasssssss Dec 26, 2020

I saw one sell via a brick and mortar auction house in the UK this year with the same case.