Comments on this Geneve, please...

Posts
58
Likes
31
Can you kindly offer comments on this Geneve, offered from a seller out of Portugal. Presented to be in Mint condition. I think it's expensive at $1,600, but to my simplistic eye it does look very nice.
dscf1523.jpg

15251400-jsxinp421cgxjgizcna2kq8s-Zoom.jpg

15251400-kayolv59bpuq78h1ge3alufz-Zoom.jpg
 
Posts
11,005
Likes
54,968
Ya it looks very clean but you could get so much more with 1,600 I wouldn鈥檛 even give it a closer glance. Maybe they will be worth that in a few years and he is getting ahead of the curve
 
Posts
58
Likes
31
You guys are great!!! It was advertised as "never worn." I will take your advice and have some more patience. Aside from the price, for my edification, does it have any flaws that you can see from the pictures?
 
Posts
4,593
Likes
10,813
I'll be damned you're right. Maybe it's two for that price after all 馃榿
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
If it has never been worn, why did they polish it? Anyway, the price is 3x what it's worth.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
If you鈥檙e prepared to spend $1,600 and want a Gen猫ve, you might want to check out examples from the 50s and early 60s when the Geneve line was at the top of its game. The Geneves from that period are beautiful and very collectible IMO. Here鈥檚 mine From 1959 as an example.
 
Posts
4,593
Likes
10,813
How about this Geneve...

As I mentioned in reply to your PM yesterday, I think your best bet is to choose something from this site's for sale section rather than shop online from random website offerings.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
As I mentioned in reply to your PM yesterday, I think your best bet is to choose something from this site's for sale section rather than shop online from random website offerings.
Agreed. I know of at least two Geneves that are currently for sale in the private watch sales forum on OF, both from very reputable members.
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
If you鈥檙e prepared to spend $1,600 and want a Gen猫ve, you might want to check out examples from the 50s and early 60s when the Geneve line was at the top of its game. The Geneves from that period are beautiful and very collectible IMO. Here鈥檚 mine From 1959 as an example.

That's a stylish watch. What a contrast with the utilitarian 1970s Geneve styling.
 
Posts
11,005
Likes
54,968
It鈥檚 not horrible but consider yourself lucky, if you have 1,600 to drop on a watch you can do much much better. Don鈥檛 be in a rush to part with your cash. Check out the sales sections here, eBay and in your local area, you will find something very nice
 
Posts
58
Likes
31
Perhaps I am missing something. I see in the Watch Marketplace two subcategories, one is called "Watches for Sale" and the other is called "Private Watch Sales." Are these the two "places" that you are referring to? If so, how long does one usually wait for something to pop up? I thought the Geneve would be a common watch, but I don't see one like I've been referring to in either of those two "places." (Your advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.)
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
You want the private watch sales forum. You have to be patient. Modern Geneves regularly come up for sale, but you just have to keep checking.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
That's a stylish watch. What a contrast with the utilitarian 1970s Geneve styling.
Thank you!
 
Posts
58
Likes
31
You want the private watch sales forum. You have to be patient. Modern Geneves regularly come up for sale, but you just have to keep checking.
Thank you. I appreciate the suggestion. I'm starting to get used to navigating through the various portions of the Forum and Threads. Is there a reason why the dates of the messages seem to be disorganized, and out of order?
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,380
O
Thank you. I appreciate the suggestion. I'm starting to get used to navigating through the various portions of the Forum and Threads. Is there a reason why the dates of the messages seem to be disorganized, and out of order?
i can鈥檛 speak to that, but perhaps one of the mods can. You can narrow what鈥檚 available down very quickly by using the search function.