(Color of dial change) Omega speedmaster triple date

Hi guys

I would love to have some information about the dial of the omega speedmaster triple date blue. I recently purchase it and the seller told me that the blue dial fade into gold. I'm not quite sure if this happen to others before. Really appreciate any comment and thank you in advance.

PS. I have attached the photo of the blue dial one which I thought the color should be and also the one that I have.

PS(2). Not even sure if its real, if you can identify please help me❤️
Thank you so much!IMG_20240312_190913_879.jpg images.jpeg-3.jpg
Edited:

Wow. I suspect some outside factor has accelerated that fade since it is not normally that extreme, though it has been known on blue dials certainly. Have you seen the movement? I'd want to be sure there were no signs of long term water ingress. Personally I see that more as damage than patina but of course the eye of the beholder is what matters.

Like 1
Wow. I suspect some outside factor has accelerated that fade since it is not normally that extreme, though it has been known on blue dials certainly. Have you seen the movement? I'd want to be sure there were no signs of long term water ingress. Personally I see that more as damage than patina but of course the eye of the beholder is what matters.
Thank you so much, I can attached more photo that seller sent to me. I do feel like its damaged but after sometime, I quite love the way it faded. Appreciate your advice and thank you so much!

There are some extreme patinas on these models but I also think this is accelerated

Like 1
There are some extreme patinas on these models but I also think this is accelerated
Thank you so much, when you say accelerated is this mean the owner try to make the dial to be like this by damaging it? Sorry my english is not quite well.

By any chance if you think this is normal and a real omega watch?, really curious and afriad if it was fake or not

Quoted member Run
Thank you so much, when you say accelerated is this mean the owner try to make the dial to be like this by damaging it? Sorry my english is not quite well.

By any chance if you think this is normal and a real omega watch?, really curious and afriad if it was fake or not

No I don't think it's possible to do it intentionally, but if you clean a flaking dial, what you get is this

On the bright side after it gets to this specific state it won't easily go further, so I suspect it was like the watch in the photo I shared and the final push was cleaning

So I'm not claiming anything nefarious, it's an original watch - I personally like tropical dials

Like 1
The one you are showing is rather extreme, but aging on the blue dials from 1970s - early 2000s is pretty common and in other brands as well. I cannot comment on whether or not this one has been artificially aged though...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/dial-aging-q.77913/
I see, i never known that they do it intentionally on dial before, interesting information. Appreciate and thank you so much

No I don't think it's possible to do it intentionally, but if you clean a flaking dial, what you get is this

On the bright side after it gets to this specific state it won't easily go further, so I suspect it was like the watch in the photo I shared and the final push was cleaning

So I'm not claiming anything nefarious, it's an original watch - I personally like tropical dials
Thank you so much for the information! I do love the tropical dial here also❤️

Like 1