Forums Latest Members

Collector’s Story – A Dead Stock 1977 Omega Speedmaster Professional

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Mar 20, 2018

[​IMG]
    For this week’s Speedy Tuesday we have a cool story on how one of our reader’s bought a dead stock Omega Speedmaster Professional from 1977. Omega Speedmaster collector Alexander experienced something that a lot of us can only dream about: finding an unsold (and basically unused) vintage Speedmaster, complete with box and papers. Without further […]

Visit Collector’s Story – A Dead Stock 1977 Omega Speedmaster Professional to read the full article.

Dixie, noelekal, Mad Dog and 4 others like this.
  2. lillatroll Mar 20, 2018

Just read the full article. It has to be every collectors dream to find and own watch like this.

3. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 20, 2018

BenBagbag likes this.
  4. Toishome Mar 20, 2018

Only if I had luck like this ::facepalm2::

kov likes this.
  5. amanson Mar 20, 2018

Very cool!

6. sat968 Mar 20, 2018

I can only dream of finding a Speedmaster like this as my first Speedy. Almost makes me wish I didn’t see examples like this as I’ll have to settle for a lesser, mainstream example unless I had the patience to wait. Just don’t see that happening. :rolleyes:

7. dscoogs Mar 20, 2018

Very nice story, will happen to me some day ::facepalm1::

8. rb10chris Mar 20, 2018

amazing! I don't know if I'd wear it either..

9. rainking Mar 20, 2018

Amazing story and find, but the writer/owner of that watch needs a better editor! Why do I say that? Because there is a fairly significant part of this tale not explained in the story. It goes from a colleague inviting him to see the watch to boom, he's the owner of the watch. How did that go down? Or was it known from the outset that the colleague was offering it to him for sale, and they had agreed upon a price? Or was there a big negotiation? And what was the price for something like this, however the sale came about? Enquiring minds want to know.

10. jets Mar 20, 2018

U n b e l i e v a b l e .

11. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Mar 20, 2018

Has nothing to do with an editor, the current owner of the watch just did not disclose this in his(!) story. I suspect he does not want to disclose what he paid for the watch (7 years ago, so not very relevant today). He just bought the watch, that's probably part of his 'all you need to know' angle. :)

12. airansun In the shuffling madness Mar 20, 2018

I don’t think I could wear this watch, and I’m normally not reluctant to ‘consume’ the watches I buy by wearing them.

But this is just toooo good and I’d love to continue to say it’s been unworn. How many 70’s Speedmasters can be proven to have been entirely unworn?

Damn that’s a nice watch.

13. rohnin Mar 20, 2018

If he wants to sell I want to buy

14. 77deluxe Mar 20, 2018

That is incredible. Once again, thanks for the great content.

15. rainking Mar 20, 2018

I'll respectfully disagree, but then again that's what I do for a living at a national U.S. magazine/website etc (edit, not disagree LOL). Totally understand it's just a reader's submission though and not a story written by a professional journalist, so you get what they send. If it were me, I would have gone back to him and asked, hey, if you don't want to disclose the price that is understandable, but can you tell me more about how you ended up getting the chance to purchase the watch, because the story goes from where you were just going to get to see it to suddenly you own it? I wouldn't expect that to be secret information. Not trying to give anyone at your website a hard time, just offering an observation that would make the tale even more interesting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find it so. Not a big deal either way.

rb10chris and airansun like this.