Forums Latest Members

Class Issues with Omega Micro-adjustable Clasp

1. DRJames Jul 3, 2020

Hi all,

First time posting but I’ve enjoyed browsing the forums. So I replaced the standard bracelet clasp one my SMP 300 with the 6 position micro adjustable class (117STZ001154) which I got from my local Omega boutique. I made that replacement in February. This morning the bracelet came unclasped on its own and I noticed that I couldn’t get it to click into place, the smallest amount of pressure would open it.

I went down the google train and read about the clasp spring being a pretty routine point of failure for some Omega clasps, so watched a video and figured it open up the clasp to see if the spring was broken or otherwise damaged. The issue is, when I was able to access the locking mechanism on the clasp it isn’t a spring at all, but rather a coupe small thin metal pieces and tiny springs (pictured below).

Has anyone had this issue with the 117STZ001154 Clasp and been able to fix it? I figured it would be an easy fix based on the forums I read but now I’m worried I don’t have the know how to fix it myself. I’ve been using the clasp for barely over 4 months and it was new from a boutique, so I’m surprised I’m having this issue. Any help would be much appreciated!

2F719F69-914E-48F7-A7BC-BA336D717FE4.jpeg