Forums Latest Members
  1. Emaldo Oct 1, 2019

LoHi.. I'm kind of embarrassed to even ask, but I have this watch, that just by looking at it, I would say it definitely was not a vintage Omega, but I took it to a local jewelers where he removed the back and said, it is in fact a real Omega. But then he proceeded to say he would clean it for 400.00.. I said no thanks, and questioned if he was trying to scam me out of four hundred dollars just to say he cleaned it. I did take a picture of the back before he buckled it up. I could use some expert advice as to what I do have.. Don't worry about telling it like it is.. I bought it from an Estate Sale so I am not in it much.. I always thought Jewelers had to send them out to get cleaned, so my suspicion began there.. thanks for any insight I and for your time.
    IMG_9880.jpg IMG_9887.jpg IMG_9888.jpg

IMG_9883.jpg
  2. chronoboy64 Oct 1, 2019

::facepalm1::
    where are you located ?
    Thanks

3. Dan S Oct 1, 2019

Looks like a genuine ORNEQA to me. I can't believe the watchmaker was actually going to take your money to service that movement.

chronos likes this.
  4. Emaldo Oct 1, 2019

Texas

5. Emaldo Oct 1, 2019

Right?!

6. Canuck Oct 1, 2019

That is absolutely the very WORST fake I have ever seen. The outfit who put this together was so ashamed of the product that they spelled the name on the dial ORNEQA, not Omega. The lower case r and n meant to look like an m. You actually BOUGHT this t_ _ d? It is to be hoped they paid you to take it. Some mountebank has quoted you $400.00 to clean it? Run, don’t walk! The jeweller who told you it is real, and quoted you a ridiculous amount to clean it is both ignorant, and unethical!

connieseamaster, Sidnos and chronos like this.
  7. Dan S Oct 1, 2019

The movement is a Ronda pin-lever escapement of some type. The photo is out of focus so I'm not sure of the actual caliber. A cheap robust but basically disposable movement. It goes without saying that Omega never used movements like that.

chronos likes this.
  8. Emaldo Oct 1, 2019

Thanks.. just one more reason I am giving up on humanity.. at least I know I cannot trust my local jeweler!

kkt likes this.
  9. Dan S Oct 1, 2019

True. I'm sorry to say it, but it's pretty clear he was deliberately trying to rip you off.

10. Emaldo Oct 1, 2019

I should go back there and ask him what the efff, but I will just let it go.. Thanks again.. who wants it for there collection of fakes?! Probably not even worth the cost of shipping.. Have a nice day to all you.. this was a great experience in itself, and I will save this site for any further finds.. ‍♀️

Sidnos likes this.
  11. new_heuer Oct 1, 2019

Orneqa is a genuine brand. Nothing fake about your watch you have just miss read the name

12. Evitzee Oct 1, 2019

No, you NEED to go back and make sure he understands he was going to charge you $400 to overhaul a movement that isn't worth 10 cents. He was going to rip you off, either he is dishonest or completely incompetent, neither is anything to be proud of. Your discussion with him might reel him in to prevent the next person falling for his schtick. I wouldn't let it pass. I live in a town of about 10,000 and there are ways that this sort of thing would be reigned in, local businesses don't like to see people being taken advantage of.

marco likes this.
  13. Pvt-Public Oct 1, 2019

Your local jeweler is an f'n moron.