Forums Latest Members
  1. 1393jason Jan 25, 2020

Did you get the C65? How are you finding it?

2. izydor Jan 27, 2020

Hi!

I got the watch few days after placing the order, but I didn't really have time to post.

I have mixed feelings about it.

Overall look&feel is rather positive. I do enjoy vintage vibe, especially bezel, crystal, big crown and "old radium" lume (which glows quite nice, but short) do the job. Watch is incredibly comfortable to wear, feels thinner and smaller on the wrist than it really is. I was afraid of 22mm strap being too wide, but it's not - it actually makes the watch looks even smaller. Case finish, clear borders between polished and brushed surfaces, the shape of the case - it really stands out.

About timekeeping, so far it gains 5-8s per day, which is neither bad nor good. Power reserve is somewhere between 44 and 46 hours.

What I don't like, are some annoying flaws. For example, bezel seems not well aligned with the dial over the whole circumference. Like it (bezel or indices on the dial) was not printed with even distance between the indices. And if I set the time so that minute marker is exactly at the middle of minute hand, on the other part of the dial they're off. Also I've got the impression that hour markers, especially 12/6, but also 3/6, are not perfectly applied - like someone did that with wobble hands. But it might just be me paying too much attention to details, or just looking too close.

Despite all this, I wear my C65 diver every day since I've received it. I think I wouldn't buy it at catalogue price, but at 50% it was a good deal.

1393jason likes this.
  3. 1393jason Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for detailed reply. The alignment issues would drive me crazy! If I see it in the next sale I might bite at a good discount. Providing I don't get anything else before hand lol