Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. Gasman

Gasman Aug 24, 2019

I’ve taken a liking to these watches. They seem to be decent styles at a bargain price. Does anyone like to give me your expertise or comments.
    Thanks

2. Gasman

Gasman Aug 24, 2019

Just signed up for their promotions and offers.

3. CJpickup57

CJpickup57 Aug 24, 2019

4. Gasman

Gasman Aug 24, 2019

Wow glad I asked. Thanks

5. STANDY

STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 24, 2019

The first problem which took about 3 weeks to resolve was getting my watch actually shipped with the correct packing label. I have no earthly idea how, but the CS team pre-filled a label and pick up from an address that I haven’t had anything to do with for about 4 years. They kept creating the same label with the same (wrong) address over and over, a total of 4 times, until finally, after the 4th incorrect label and pickup location, the CS rep (Robert Austin) told me to just ship the watch out anyways... let me get this straight.... this guy wants me to drive to my old address where some random person now lives, to ship off my watch, and then the watch will have the same incorrect address if it needs to get returned via the return address on the label??? Yea, okay buddy. I have attached this small portion of the 60+ email chain convo I am having with them....

Madjam1966 likes this.
  6. Longbow

Longbow Aug 24, 2019

janice&fred and Bugster987 like this.
  7. jpbrackin

jpbrackin Aug 24, 2019

I have a Makaira Elite 500 COSC in titanium I've grown fond of as a rugged, go anywhere, do anything, watch that I can put on and forget about and socially goes unnoticed (mostly why I don't wear my no-date Sub). I almost never take it off to be honest. I want to replace it with an Explorer I.

8. Gasman

Gasman Aug 24, 2019

That’s a nice looking watch

Longbow likes this.
  9. pIoNeErOfThEnILe

pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 24, 2019

CW has some nice affordable offerings with micro f-off value.

they should keep making more LE

Longbow likes this.
  10. Longbow

Longbow Aug 24, 2019

It’s also exceptionally comfortable to wear.

11. Gasman

Gasman Aug 24, 2019

I like the c11 it’s like a love child of 2 watches I want. A bell & ross and a Panerai Radiomir

Edited Aug 25, 2019
  12. Madjam1966

Madjam1966 Aug 28, 2019

13. Madjam1966

Madjam1966 Aug 28, 2019

Where's the dislike button. That is awful. Then again, their forum is full of similar examples.

14. stuart70

stuart70 Aug 28, 2019

I had problems with a watch from them. Sent it back (unworn-stickers in place) and still had problems getting my money back, even quoting their own policies at them. I did get my money back but not worth the hassle. I would not consider buying again.
    If you really want one there are several downsides so be sure.

15. nordwulf

nordwulf Aug 28, 2019

There are some current customer service issues but it is still a good company with watches that are excellent value for money. The logo/wordmark is still an often debated subject but the wordmark won't go away. You often hear the bad stories more often than from satisifed customers.

Join our friendly FB group with many other CW owners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CWAficionados/
    CW Club with forum and pictures on my site: http://horology.world/clubs/3-christopher-ward/

A few of my current and previous CWs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bugster987 and Longbow like this.
  16. Maganator

Maganator Aug 28, 2019

There do seem to be some QC issues at the moment but don’t be alarmed. The vast, vast majority of people have positive experiences with them.

Their forum can read all doom and gloom but it is a strange forum these days - people seem to get great pleasure in having a go at the brand.

I’ve had 6 or 7 of them. I’ve recommended them to family and friends and i don’t know anyone who has had any issues with them.

They give a 60month guarantee

Longbow and janice&fred like this.
  17. izydor

izydor Jan 7, 2020

Been lookin around my favourite forums for some opinions on Chr.Ward. I found awesome C65 GMT review by @Longbow, and then mostly negative comments and links to CW forums. As pointed out, it's usually unhappy customer who leaves feedback, those satisfied just enjoy their purchase (I believe so). Despite all the bad stuff, I've heard a lot positives about the quality and good quality/price ratio. Still I was not convinced to pay full retail price for it.
    So I decided to pull a trigger now, as they've 50% sale. I got C65 vintage diver for $400 which I think is quite nice for what you get, especially compared to some entry-level Swiss or Japan watches and other micro brands. Will update here if I ever get the watch ;) and if the quality is ok.

Longbow and janice&fred like this.
  18. janice&fred

janice&fred Jan 7, 2020

i'll throw my hat in the ring. we have a second hand CW that fell into our hands a few months ago. it's a swiss quartz powered job with screw back and screw down crown. nice big size around 39-40mm or so. we are impressed with the build quality and despite my poor photography skills it's a nice looker. I seem to recall looking it up and our model pictured sold for a little over $200 brand new so it's definitely a lot of bang for the buck. I would think an English brand with Swiss movement was a bargain at that price point. Add a complication or two, mechanical movement and bracelet and they start to look like even more of a bargain. That GMT model pictured in this thread is gorgeous!

IMG_1270.jpg

19. Foo2rama

Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 7, 2020

link to the sale?

20. izydor

izydor Jan 7, 2020