Forums Latest Members

Chopard LUC , accepted as high end ?

1. tzachi Mar 13, 2020

I've been a fan of Chopard for long time,
    Lets ignore the non existence 2nd hand market,

I find the LUC line especially , as high quality, and RELIABLE
    unlike many high end watches, Chopards I own never failed within short period of ownership.

High end is not only "finish".
    I end is details, finish, originality and yes reliability too.
    (I own the JLC Extreme Lab II, been already twice at the company for repair, thats not even close to "good end" to me :))

Whats your take on Copard LUC?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 13, 2020

Not really sure how people define "high end", but generally I would say yes. I've been through the movement factory in Fleurier:

[​IMG]

Photo taken from up there...

[​IMG]

And the quality of the process and product was very high. Of course these watches meet the requirements needed to obtain the Fleurier Quality Foundation label.

Cheers, Al

noelekal, tzachi, khmt2 and 2 others like this.
  3. DTMwatch Mar 13, 2020

I always thought the LUC models were high-end. While not an expert, from what I've read their LUC movements are well made and the finishing top notch. I hope to be fortunate to own one some day.

Edited Mar 28, 2024
    Pun likes this.
  4. Robbie77 Mar 14, 2020

I agree that we should ignore secondary market value when deciding on the quality of a watch. The secondary market values are driven by notoriety of the brands which really has nothing to do with the watch itself. Some really incredible brands make super high end stuff which tanks on the secondary market because no has ever heard of the brand and there is no defined market for them.

Pun and tzachi like this.
  5. skipjack Mar 22, 2020

Absolutely high end, haute horology !

6. Fatcat Mar 22, 2020

My experience with the mille miglia was more time on the bench than on my wrist, very delicate watches, nice but delicate.

7. pongster Mar 22, 2020

High end to me means high quality and high price.

Hopefully the quality and price are correlated.

Fortunately there are watches (not high end) but high quality despite low price.

tzachi likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 22, 2020

Don't believe those have ever been in the LUC range...been a long time since I looked at these but they were on the lower end of what Chopard was making the last time I did look.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  9. timex Mar 24, 2020

For sure a longstanding history. Mine is mid 1940's. Loving the radium numerals with gilt dial.
    [​IMG]

IMG_4563.jpeg
    Braindrain, noelekal, bubba48 and 2 others like this.
  10. Truva1 Oct 22, 2021

Hi timex
    which caliber has this lovely example? Do you know where I can get more info for Luc calibers from 50-60s.