Forums Latest Members

Alternative High End Clasp

1. 03Hemi Dec 4, 2019

Been searching for the best alternative for a high end clasp without having to take out a second mortgage for one. I happened across this clasp at another forum but soon found it was no longer produced under that maker. Continued researching and found it was know being produced by a manufacturer named "Rios 1931" in it's manufacturing country of Germany. This thing is HIGH QULITY to say the least, all stainless and no rivets, it's all held together with screws and is top notch craftmanship. I typically don't care for a butterfly clasp, but this thing glides together with such precision and ease I've amended my original opinion. Not cheap, but not over priced either for the typical German quality. Sold on ebay for $39.99 + shipping, mine delivered to the US was only $45.00 and worth every penny.
    Notice how the straps are connected with screws as apposed to spring bars and how well it sits on the wrist.
    IMG_1180.JPG IMG_1181.JPG RiosClasp.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 4, 2019

They make nice reasonably priced leather straps as well, I have several.

03Hemi likes this.
  3. Meme-Dweller Dec 4, 2019

> Taking a mortgage for $250

4. 03Hemi Dec 4, 2019

Sarcasm Meme, sarcasm.

DaveK likes this.
  5. thelinendial Dec 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing your research! They look really nice.

6. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Dec 4, 2019

It was a great prop :)

03Hemi likes this.
  7. NT931 Dec 5, 2019

03Hemi likes this.
  8. 03Hemi Dec 5, 2019

Just ignore the piece of crap I was tricked into by the sellers deceptive description I posted on that thread though. lol

9. JwRosenthal Dec 5, 2019

I have tried several butterfly, I only wear deployants on my straps because I am a bracelet guy first off- but also because they dramatically prolong the life of the strap by taking the stress off the most abused part- which where the pull and tug happens at the buckle. I have tried the Esslinger ones at $18 (not bad but a little bulky), the Gecko ones at around $14 (slimmer than the ones from Esslinger and pretty well made), but have not tried the Rios one yet- thanks for the heads up.

I did recently try this one which is more of a traditional bracelet style deployant than an butterfly ( I know some people hate the butterfly style)- I think it’s excellent and I will pick up a few more.

https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-deployment-buckle

thelinendial likes this.
  10. 03Hemi Dec 5, 2019

I'm really impressed with the quality of this clasp, especially the way the large head screw goes through the strap holes into the buckle part. Very secure and feels very precise on all aspects. I'll be buying more.